|Full name||Sergio Mario Peter|
|Date of birth||12 October 1986|
|Place of birth||Ludwigshafen, West Germany|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|2000–2003||TSV Mannheim Schönau|
|2005||→ Cercle Brugge (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:27, 21 November 2014 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:35, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Born in Ludwigshafen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Peter began his career with TSV Mannheim Schönau and joined local heavyweight Waldhof Mannheim in 2003. After a successful year with Waldhof Mannheim, Peter left the club and signed a contract with Youth Academy Brockhall in July 2004.
Peter came through the Youth Academy at Blackburn Rovers and joined Belgian side Cercle Brugge on loan from January 2005 until the end of the season. He only made a couple of appearances but he signed a professional contract with Blackburn on 7 July 2005.
Playing predominantly as a left-sided midfielder, Peter impressed in the Blackburn reserves, soon forcing his way into the first team. Peter made his full debut in the FA Cup Third Round tie with Queens Park Rangers on 7 January 2006, a game Blackburn won 3–0, with Peter setting up all three goals and named man of the match. He went on to make his league debut on 21 January 2006 as a substitute in a 1–0 win away to Newcastle United. In his final appearance for Blackburn, Peter came on as an extra time substitute as they lost in the 2007 FA Cup semi finals to Chelsea.
- "Blackburn 3–0 QPR". BBC. 7 January 2006. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Newcastle 0–1 Blackburn". BBC. 21 January 2006. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Blackburn 1–2 Chelsea (aet)". BBC. 15 April 2007. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Sergio departing". Blackburn Rovers. 2 January 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2009.
- "Sergio completes departure". Sky Sports. 2 January 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2009.