|Date of birth:||September 13, 1986|
|Place of birth:||LaGrange, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||313 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Newman (GA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Sergio Orlando Render (born September 13, 1986) is a former American football guard who played college football at Virginia Tech. He was considered one of the top prospects available in the 2010 NFL Draft, but was not selected by any team. Render was picked up after the draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent, but was released after the team signed Keydrick Vincent.
High school career
Render attended Newnan High School in Georgia, where he was a two-way lineman and a two-time all-area honoree. Render graded out at 85 percent in his blocking assignments and recorded over 100 pancake blocks his last two seasons.
After redshirting his initial year at Virginia Tech, Render earned the starting right guard job during the 2006 preseason. He played 663 snaps on offense during the 2006 season, and kept his starting job during the 2007 and 2008 seasons. Following the 2009 Orange Bowl he underwent a shoulder surgery and did not participate in the 2009 off-season workouts or spring practice. The surgery was successful, and Render was at 100% health going into the 2009 NCCA Season. He moved to left guard for the 2009 season and helping the 2009 Hokies football team finish the season with 10 wins and 3 losses (6–2 ACC).
Render was listed at No. 8 on Rivals.com′s preseason interior lineman power ranking in 2009. He was also named to the 2009 Outland Trophy watch list, but that trophy eventually went to Ndamukong Suh. Render, however, was named to the All-ACC Second Team for the second consecutive time.
Regarded as the No. 20 offensive guard available by Sports Illustrated, Render went undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft. He was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but was released before the 2010 NFL season began. He was then signed by the Arena Football League's Georgia Force.
- Cooney, Frank (May 11, 2009), "Who's next? Looking ahead to the best of the 2010 draft class", USA Today
- "NFL Draft - 2010 OG Draft Prospects", CBSSports.com
- Phillippi, Kyle (April 24, 2010), "Bucs Continue to Sign Undrafted Free Agents", The Pewter Plank.
- "Source: No guaranteed money for Keydrick Vincent". National Football Post. July 11, 2010.
- Rivals.com Offensive centers 2005, January 18, 2005
- Buchanan, Olin; Dienhart, Tom; Fox, David; Huguenin, Mike; Megargee, Steve (August 22, 2009), "Preseason interior lineman power rankings", Rivals.com
- Richardson, Steve (August 11, 2009), 2009 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced, Football Writers Association of America
- Coleman, Chris (November 30, 2009), "Nine Hokies Earn All-ACC Honors", TechSideline.com
- "Sergio Render". CNN.