From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||It has been suggested that Sergius (name) be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2016.|
"Sergia" redirects here. For the plant genus, see Sergia (plant).
Roman Catholic Popes
- Pope Sergius I (died 701), Italian-born pope
- Pope Sergius II (reigned 844–847), Italian-born pope
- Pope Sergius III (reigned 904–911), Italian-born pope
- Pope Sergius IV (reigned 1009–1012), Italian-born pope
Eastern Orthodox Patriarchs
- Patriarch Sergius I of Moscow, Patriarch 1943–1944.
- Patriarch Sergius I of Constantinople, Patriarch 610–638.
- Patriarch Sergius II of Constantinople, Patriarch 1001–1019.
- Sergius of Tella, Syrian Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch in 544–546
Other Christian Saints
Main article: Saint Sergius (disambiguation)
- Saint Sergius (martyr), Roman soldier companion of Saint Bacchus, martyred c. 303.
- Sergius of Cappadocia, Martyred c. 304.
- Sergius of Radonezh, A 14th-century Russian monastic.
- Sergius of Valaam, A 10th-century Greek/Karelian/Russian monastic.
Dukes of Naples
- Sergius I of Naples, Duke of Naples 840–864.
- Sergius II of Naples, Duke of Naples 870–877.
- Sergius IV of Naples, Duke of Naples 1002–1036.
- Sergius V of Naples, Duke of Naples 1042–1082.
- Sergius VI of Naples, Duke of Naples 1082–1097.
- Sergius VII of Naples, Duke of Naples 1120–1137, last Duke of Naples.
Dukes of Amalfi
- Sergius I of Amalfi, Duke of Amalfi 958–966
- Sergius II of Amalfi, Duke of Amalfi 1007–1028
- Sergius III of Amalfi, Duke of Amalfi 1031–1073
- Sergius Paulus, proconsul of Cyprus, appears in the Book of Acts
- Lucius Sergius Catilina, 1st century BCE Roman politician
- Marcus Sergius, Ancient Roman inventor of the prosthetic hand
- Sergius Orata, Ancient Roman merchant and architect
- Sergius of Reshaina (died 536). Assyrian physician who translated medicine from Greek to Syriac
- Sergius-Tychicus, a ninth-century Paulician leader
- Metropolitan Sergius (Tikhomirov) of Japan, Russian Orthodox clergyman (1871–1945)
- Bahira, also called Sergius (c 600), Nestorian monk who foretold Muhammad's prophetic career.
- Father Sergius, Short story by Leo Tolstoy
- Church of the Saints Sergius and Bacchus, A former Christian church, now a mosque, in Istanbul.
- Arch of the Sergii, an ancient Roman triumphal arch in Pula, Croatia.
Sergius Pavicevic,famous body builder
- Sergiopolis, The ancient city of Resafa, renamed for the Roman soldier Saint Sergius.
- Patriarch Sergius XVII, a fictitious character in Xenosaga.
- See also
|This disambiguation page lists articles about people with the same name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|