Serhiy Klyuyev was born on August 19, 1969 in Donetsk (Soviet Union). He is the brother of another politician Andriy Klyuyev. In June 2006 experts estimated the joint assets of the Klyuyev brothers to be $144 million.
Klyuyev was last seen on 4 June 2015 in Boryspil Airport, in an alleged attempt to flee Ukraine. Since 8 June 2015 Klyuyev is wanted by Ukrainian police for "fraud" and enrichment "through abuse of office".
28 January 2016, the General Court of the EU has annulled the financial sanctions imposed upon Ukrainian Member of Parliament Serhiy Klyuyev by the Council of the EU.
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2012)
2002–2005 Deputy Chairman of the Donetsk Regional State Administration 2006 Member of the Parliament of the 5th legislation period as a member of the Party of Regions (N 62 on the list)
since April 2006 Member of the Permanent Parliamentary Delegation to PACE
2007 Member of the Board of the National Bank of Ukraine
Chairman of the Austria-Ukraine Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group
Chairman of the Parliamentary Sub-Committee on Banking and Foreign Currency Policy
Member of the Parliamentary Committee on Finance and Banking
Member of the Ukraine-Azerbaijan and Ukraine-Japan Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Groups
In January 16, 2014 voted for the laws that conflict with Constitution of Ukraine, Convention about the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, obligations and duties of Ukraine as a member of the UNO, CE and OSCE.
In the October 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election Klyuyev was again re-elected into parliament; this time as a non-partisan candidate after winning a single-member districts seat in Artemivsk with 47.47% of the votes. On 3 June 2015 parliament stripped his prosecutorial immunity rights. At that time Ukrainian state prosecutors were prepared to bring criminal proceedings against him for fraud and embezzlement of budget funds. Klyuyev himself has stated his immunity was lifted due to "political pressure".
During 22 days of consideration of the Motion of the GPO, 3 official meetings of the Committee Committee on the Rules of Procedure and Organization of Work were held with participation of all members of the Committee, working groups with involvement of MPs and most of personnel of the Secretariat of the Committee.
On 21.05.2015 the Committee formally requested answers to 82 questions related to the lifting of MP Klyuyev’s immunity. Brief explanations were given on only 11 questions, 71 question remained without any response.
On 28.05.2015 a Meeting of the Committee of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on the Rules of Procedure and Organization of Work were held. Under the pressure of GPO the Committee session was continued on 29.05.2015 behind closed-doors with participation of GPO’s representative.  Wherein, neither mass-media representatives, nor stenography personnel of the secretary of the Committee were permitted entry to this meeting. Both S.P. Klyuyev and his attorney were denied participation in this meeting and these actions violated the constitutional rights of defense of S.P. Klyuyev. 
Despite the pressure of the GPO, the Committee decided that the motion does not have sufficient grounds, as the evidence provided could not be deemed sufficient; it is impossible to conclude the lawfulness of the collection of the evidence mentioned in the Motion, as the General Prosecutor of Ukraine has not provided the respective materials requested by the Committee, which would confirm otherwise. In compliance with Paragraph 4 of Article 220 of the Rules of Procedure of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Chairman of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine must return the Motion to the GPO in the absence of sufficient evidence to justify the Motion. For the first time in the history of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine a precendent was established when a Motion was not returned to the General Prosecutor Office of Ukraine.
On 2.06.2015, under political pressure, a Meeting of the Committee of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on the Rules of Procedure and Organization of Work were held. Despite unprecedented extremely high political pressure on the members of the Committee, according to the Decision of the Committee dated 02.06.2015, the grounds of the motion were not deemed sufficient and the lawfulness of the evidence was not confirmed by the Committee. Not a single new evidence or argument was presented by the GPO and the Decision of the Committee dated 02.06.2015 was driven only by desire to adopt “more comfortable decision for the Chairman of the Parliament Groysman V.B.”. Therefore, the decision of the Committee still contains recommendation to return the motion back to the GPO, which is due pursuant to part 4 of the Article 220 of the Rules of Procedure. On 03.06.15, despite on the lack of sufficient evidence,. parliament stripped his prosecutorial immunity rights. The immunity lifting activities lack lawful grounding and are completely politically motivated. Furthermore, the Pecherskyi District Court of Kyiv instructed the GPO to launch a criminal investigation (No. 42015000000001607) dated 24.07.2015 on the illegal influencing of Committee members. The GPO is now obliged to conduct an investigation examining illegal coercion activities performed by: V.B. Groysman (Chairman of the Parliament), A.V. Parubiy (First Deputy Chairman of the Parliament), O.V. Lyashko (Coalition Coordinator), Y.V. Tymoshenko (Member of Parliament), E.B. Sobolev (Member of Parliament), and other.
On 03.06.2015 S.P. Klyuyev was prevented from flying to Vienna to meet his legal counsel and advisors on the matter of EU sanctions, despite parliamentary votes not justifying such limitations.
On 8 June 2015 Klyuyev was put on Ukraine's wanted list after he failed to show up for interegation. He is wanted on "fraud" and enrichment "through abuse of office" charges. Klyuyev was last seen in on 4 June 2015 on Boryspil Airport, in an alleged attempt to flee to Vienna.
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2012)
1992–1994 Commercial Director of Trade House Pidshipnik Ltd., a joint-venture company
1994–2000 Vice-president, Chairman of the Ukrpidshipnik Supervisory Board
2000–2002 & 2005–2006 CEO of the Ukrpidshipnik Group
1997–2002 & 06.2005 – 09.2005 Member of the Board of Directors of Slav AG Company, Vienna (Austria)
In 1987 – 92 Serhiy Klyuyev studied at the Donetsk National Technical University (Donetsk Politechnic Institute). Upon graduation he received Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering (the same specialization as his brother). He is an author and an holder of some 39 patents in the field of non-ferrous metallurgy, cable production and electric engineering.
Klyuyev is married to Iryna (born 1964) and has a daughter named Olha and a son named Andriy (1992).
- (in Russian) Клюев Сергей Петрович, Информационно-аналитический центр "ЛІГА"
- (in Russian) Клюев Андрей Петрович, Информационно-аналитический центр "ЛІГА"
- Ukrainian MP Serhiy Kliuyev put on wanted list, Interfax-Ukraine (8 June 2015)
MP Kliuyev wanted by Ukraine, documents for international search submitted – PGO, Interfax-Ukraine (11 June 2015)
- deals new blow to EU on Ukraine sanctions
- (in Ukrainian) Список депутатів нової Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 November 2012)
- Results of roll-call for the project of Law on making alteration in Law of Ukraine "On the judicial system and status of judges" and judicial laws in relation to the additional measures of defence of safety of citizens(№3879) - for basis and on the whole Archived 2014-01-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ukraine starts criminal case against ally of deposed Yanukovich, Daily Mail (3 June 2015)
- (in Ukrainian) Candidates and winner for the seat in constituency 46 in the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election Archived 2014-12-19 at the Wayback Machine., RBK Ukraine
- Ukrainian Parliament strips two MP's of their immunity from prosecution, Ukraine Today (3 June 2015)
- Регламентный комитет ВР просит ГПУ предоставить дополнительные доказательства вины Клюева
- Шокин настаивает на закрытом заседании комитета ВР без участия Клюева
- Регламентный комитет ВР отказался рассматривать представления о снятии неприкосновенности с Клюева и Мельничука в закрытом режиме
- Регламентный комитет Рады начал заслушивать закрытый отчет ГПУ по Клюеву
- Решение Регламентного комитета от 29.05.2015[permanent dead link]
- Депутаты признали обвинения Генпрокуратуры С.Клюева необоснованными
- Пинзеник отказался вести заседание регламентного комитета по Клюеву и Мельничуку
- (Кужель заявила, что не будет голосовать за снятие неприкосновенности с Клюева и Мельничук
- Решение Регламентного комитета от 02.06.2015 Archived 2016-01-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- Video metings of the Committee
- Ответ ГПУ на решение Суда
- Решение Суда
- (Клюева не выпустили из Украины
- (in Ukrainian) Брати Клюєви вийшли з банківського бізнесу Brothers Klyuyev out of the banking business, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 March 2013)