Seri Delima (state constituency)
Seri Delima (olive) on Penang
|Legislature||Penang State Legislative Assembly|
Seri Delima is a state constituency in Penang, Malaysia, that has been represented in the Penang State Legislative Assembly since 2004. It covers parts of Gelugor, a suburb of George Town, as well as the affluent neighbourhood of Green Lane.
The state constituency was first contested in 2004 and is mandated to return a single Assemblyman to the Penang State Legislative Assembly under the first-past-the-post voting system. Since 2018[update], the State Assemblyman for Seri Delima is Syerleena Abdul Rashid from the Democratic Action Party (DAP), which is part of the state's ruling coalition, Pakatan Harapan (PH).
The Seri Delima constituency contains the polling districts of Bukit Gelugor, Island Park, Kampong Hijau, Lintang Delima, Lorong Delima, Sungai Gelugor and Taman Tun Sardon. This state seat comprises the northern halve of Gelugor, a suburb of George Town, and the leafy, affluent neighbourhood of Green Lane.
Seri Delima is bounded to the north by Green Lane and Jalan Tunku Kudin. The southern limits of the constituency roughly follows the course of the Gelugor River into the sea, with the portion of Gelugor south of the river coming under the neighbouring Batu Uban constituency.
|Taman Tun Sardon||3,551|
|Source: Malaysian Election Commission|
|Penang State Legislative Assemblyman for Seri Delima|
|11th||2004 – 2008||Koay Kar Huah||BN (MCA)|
|12th||2008 – 2013||Sanisvara Nethaji Rayer||PR (DAP)|
|13th||2013 – 2018|
|14th||2018 –||Syerleena Abdul Rashid||PH (DAP)|
|PH||Syerleena Abdul Rashid||16,553||82.5|
|BN||Khoo Kay Teong||3,342||16.7|
|MUP||Tan Yang Yung||159||0.8|
|Total valid votes||20,054||100.0|
|Total rejected ballots||141|
|DAP||Sanisvara Nethaji Rayer||14,478||73.6|
|BN||Low Joo Hiap||5,201||26.4|
|Total valid votes||19,679||100.00|
|Total rejected ballots||209|
|DAP||Sanisvara Nethaji Rayer||8,402||57.2|
|BN||Loh Nam Hooi||6,274||42.8|
|Total valid votes||14,676||100.00|
|Total rejected ballots||217|
|DAP gain from BN||Swing||?|
- "Electoral Roll for the 14th Malaysian General Election Updated as of 10 April 2018" (PDF) (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. 2018-04-16. p. 12. Retrieved 2018-04-25.
- Laporan Kajian Semula Persempadanan Mengenai Syor-Syor Yang Dicadangkan Bagi Bahagian-Bahagian Pilihan Raya Persekutuan Dan Negeri Di Dalam Negeri-Negeri Tanah Melayu Kali Keenam Tahun 2018 Jilid 1 (PDF) (Report) (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "Federal Government Gazette - Notice of Polling Districts and Polling Centres for the Federal Constituencies and State Constituencies of the States of Malaya [P.U. (B) 197/2016]" (PDF). Attorney General's Chambers of Malaysia. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Story Map Journal". Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- "Battle in a Crowded Ring". The Star. 29 April 2018.
- "Report on the Redelineation of Electoral Constituencies in Peninsular Malaysia in 2018" (PDF). Election Commission of Malaysia. 1. 2018.