Nokia 150, which runs Series 30+
|Developer||HMD Global (2016-present)|
|Manufacturer||FIH Mobile (2016-present)|
|Predecessor||Series 30 and Series 40|
|Operating system||Series 30+ (MediaTek)|
|System on chip||MediaTek|
|Rear camera||2 megapixels|
Series 30+ (abbreviated as S30+) is a software platform and application user interface used for Nokia-branded mobile devices. The platform was introduced by Nokia in September 2013, first appearing on the Nokia 108, and has been the main Nokia feature phone operating system after the end of the Series 30 or Series 40 platforms in 2014. It is not related to these platforms.
Many S30+ devices only support MAUI Runtime Environment (MRE), but some later devices have included support for J2ME applications. Even for models that don't support Java J2ME applications, some are still capable of running built-in online applications such as the Opera Mini browser, Bing Search, MSN Weather and Skype's GroupMe chat. Some S30+ models also come with an online shop that would allow downloading new apps and games.
List of devices
- Nokia 108 released in 2013 is a Series 30+ based device with support for camera, video and Bluetooth technology.
- Nokia 220 was released in 2014 with 2.4-inch display and having Nokia Xpress browser and GPRS data connection (2.5G).
- Nokia 225, released in 2014, is similar to the 220 but has a larger 2.8-inch display.
- Nokia 130 is a smaller device with a 1.8-inch display, also released in 2014.
- Nokia 215 was announced in January 2015. Like the 220, the 215 has a 2.4-inch display, has GPRS – EDGE connectivity and only has a VGA camera.
- Nokia 105 is a device announced in June 2015, it notably had increased storage and could store over 2.000 contacts and last 35 days on standby, and is advertised as a "back up telephone" for smartphone users.
- Nokia 222 is a device announced in August 2015. The differentiation from its predecessors is that it comes with Skype's GroupMe application preinstalled.
- Nokia 230 launched in November 2015. This device features front facing and main camera both with LED flash.
- Nokia 216 was launched in September 2016.
- Nokia 150 was launched on 13 December 2016.
- Nokia 3310 (2017) in 2G was announced on 26 February 2017. The Series 30+ is integrated only on the 2G version.
- Nokia 105 2017 was announced on 17 July 2017.
- Nokia 130 2017 was announced on 17 July 2017.
Maximum accepted video resolution is 854×480.
- Accepted video formats: AVI, MP4, 3GP, 3G2
- Accepted video codecs: DivX 4, DivX 5, XviD, H.263
- Accepted audio formats: MP3, WAV (PCM and ADPCM variants only), AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, MIDI
- Accepted photo formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG
- "Installing Apps in Nokia 225 and 220 - Get Cool Tricks". 20 January 2015.
- "Nokia Redirection App". discussions.nokia.com. Archived from the original on 26 June 2015.
- "Nokia 3310 hands-on: It's hard not to like this modern take on the feature phone".
- "Nokia 130 Specification". Archived from the original on 6 January 2015.
- "Nokia 215 and 215 dual sim". Archived from the original on 5 January 2015.
- R., Rahul (8 June 2015). "Microsoft's new Nokia 105: Why the $20 Nokia Series 30+ feature phone is a must buy in the smartphone era". International Business Times – United Kingdom.
- Pratap, Ketan (25 August 2015). "Nokia 222 and Nokia 222 Dual SIM Feature Phones Launched". NDTV - Gadgets.
- "Microsoft Unveils Budget-Friendly Selfie Smartphone 'Nokia 230'". KDramaStars. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "The Home of Nokia phones". www.hmd.global.