Serik Konakabayev (left) and Jose Aguilar
|Representing Soviet Union|
|1980 Moscow||Light Welterweight|
|World Amateur Championships|
|European Amateur Championships|
|1979 Cologne||Light Welterweight|
Serik Kerimbekovich Konakbaev (Kazakh: Серік Керімбекұлы Қонақбаев; Russian: Серик Керимбекович Конакбаев; born October 25, 1959 in Pavlodar, Kazakh SSR) is a retired Kazakh amateur boxer, who represented the USSR at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow, Soviet Union. There he won the silver medal in the light welterweight division (– 63.5 kg), after being defeated in the final by Patrizio Oliva of Italy. Two years later he once again captured the silver medal, this time at the World Championships in Munich, West Germany. In 1992, Konakbayev became honorary president of Kazakhstan Boxing Federation, and in 1999, Konakbayev also became a member of the Kazakhstan parliament.
- Defeated Simion Cuţov (Romania) 5-0
- Defeated Imre Bacskai (Hungary) RET 2
- Defeated José Angel Molina (Puerto Rico) Walk-over
- Defeated José Aguilar (Cuba) 4-1
- Lost to Patrizio Oliva (Italy) 1-4
- Serik Konakbayev at databaseOlympics.com at the Wayback Machine (archived 2007-03-21)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Serik Konakbayev". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Article by Kyle McLachlan (Bad Left Hook, February 15, 2015).
|This biographical article related to a Soviet boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Soviet Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|