A More store in Serilingampally
|• Official||Telugu, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||107% ♂/♀|
Serilingampally, as known as Lingampally, is a major suburb located in north western part of Hyderabad City. It is the headquarters of Serilingamapally mandal in Ranga Reddy district of.Indian state of Telangana It is administered by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation. Due to its close proximity to Hitech City, Gachibowli, Nanakramguda, Manikonda, and Kondapur, there has been a heavy influx of IT companies. University of Hyderabad (UoH) is also located here.
As of 2011[update] India census, Serilingampally had a population of 153,364 composed of 32,642 households. This population contains 79,225 males and 74,139 females. As of 2001[update] census, Serilingampally has an average literacy rate of 42%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 42%, and female literacy is 41%. In Serilingampally, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Patancheru, an industrial area in Medak district is about 6 km from this area. ALIND (Aluminium Industries) is a private company near to the railway station on the road towards Mehdipatnam. Indian Immunologicals (serum and vaccine unit), State Bank Institute for Rural Development, University of Hyderabad, International Institute of Information Technology are in Gachibowli area just 4 to 5 km away from Lingampally railway station. It is very close to the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ramachandrapuram unit and is also located off the National Highway 65 leading to Pune.
Lingampally has an MMTS train station, where the train concludes its journey coming from Hyderabad and Falaknuma/Secunderabad. A lot of development has taken place at Lingampally Railway station as it is the terminal station for MMTS trains.The buses run by TSRTC connect it to major parts of the city.
MLA of Serilingampally constituency is Arekapudi Gandhi elected in 2018 General Elections.
Former MLA is M Bikshapathi Yadav form 2009-2014.
There are several schools, such as
- Vidya Niketan Model High School, Old Lingampally
- Sahithi Vidya Niketan High school
- Vidyanjali high School
- ZPHS Lingampally
- Vidya Vani School
- Kalam Anji Reddy School
- Sri Chaitanya Techno School
- "Rangareddy district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Government of Telangana. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 October 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Three SEZS Approvals Union Commerce". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 11 October 2006.
- "You Become a Hyderabadi As Soon As You Come to Hyderabad". indianexpress.com.
- "Andhra parties eye cosmopolitan Serilingampally segment". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- The Registrar General & Census Commissioner (2011). "Sub-district details". censusindia.gov.in. New Delhi, India: Government of India. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
|This article about a location in Ranga Reddy district, Telangana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|