Type of site
|Created by||Ed Levine|
Serious Eats is a website and blog focused on food enthusiasts, created by food critic and author Ed Levine. A book was published by Levine in 2011. Serious Eats was acquired by Fexy Media in 2016.
The site consists of general food features as well as recipes and home cooking advice.
The site is notable for launching the career of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, whose column The Food Lab was adapted into a James Beard award-winning cookbook. Lopez-Alt's writing was highly regarded among amateur cooks for its rigorous approach to recreating cultural food icons such as the ShackBurger and Chick-fil-a in the home kitchen.
In 2008, Serious Eats was ranked #17 on Time magazine's list of the 50 Best Websites. Serious Eats was the recipient of two James Beard Foundation awards in 2010 for Best Food Blog, and Best Video Webcast.
- Fabricant, Florence (8 November 2011). "The 'Serious Eats' Book, Stuffed to the Cover". New York Times. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Gordinier, Jeff (2015-06-02). "Serious Eats and Roadfood Are Sold to Fexy Media". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- "James Beard award for Lopez-Alt's 'The Food Lab'". The Mercury News. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- Eats, Serious. "How to Make a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich at Home | The Food Lab". www.seriouseats.com. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "Serious Eats - 50 Best Websites 2008 - TIME". TIME.com. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Congratulations and Thanks, Serious Eaters". seriouseats.com. Retrieved 14 February 2015.