Serra Talhada is a city in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil. It is located at 07º59'31" South and 38º17'54" West, at an altitude of 429 metres. As of 2009, its estimated population by IBGE was 80.294 people. Its area is approximately 2980 km sq.
It used to be known as "Villa Bella" or "Beautiful Village". The name Serra Talhada means Chopped Hill; the city has a big hill that looks as if it had been chopped in half. The inhabitants of Serra Talhada have a dance called xaxado which used to be a dance performed by the Cangaceiros.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Sertão of Pernambuco
- Boundaries - Floresta (S); Calumbi, Betânia and Santa Cruz da Baixa Verde (E); Mirandiba and São José do Belmonte (W); Paraiba state(N)
- Area - 2980 km2
- Elevation - 429 m
- Hidrography - Pajeú River ¬¬)
- Vegetation - Caatinga hiperxerófila
- Clima - Hot semi-desertic
- Annual average temperature - 25.2 c
- Distance to Recife - 410.7 km
The city's football stadium is the Estádio Nildo Pereira de Menezes, usually known by its nickname Pereirão, and it has a maximum capacity of 5,000 people.
|Population ||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- Serra Talhada (Portuguese Wikipedia)
- Mattos, Marluza (2006), Ministério cria Corredor Ecológico da Caatinga (in Portuguese), Ministério do Meio Ambiente, retrieved 2016-11-01
- http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/estatistica/populacao/estimativa2009/POP2009_DOU.pdf IBGE Population 2009 Serra Talhada, page 34]
- Serra Talhada 2007 GDP IBGE page 31 Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- PE State site - City by city profile
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Serra Talhada.|
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|