This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
Servair is a subsidiary of the Swiss catering company gategroup, specialised in airline catering. Servair has its head office in the Continental Square complex in Roissypôle, Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport and in Tremblay-en-France.
Servair is a French company with around 10,000 employees, providing restaurant services, equipping and cleaning. It has 130 customer companies. Formerly a subsidiary of Air France, Servair and its subsidiaries had a turnover of more than 761.5 million euros in 2010-2011.
The Servair network, composed of Servair, its partners (Alpha, Flying Food Group, Servair Air Chef and Eurest Servair) and its technical support, has more than 100 units throughout the world.
Airline service trades
Servair’s has 4 main activities:
- Catering, i.e. in-flight food services.
- Handling, i.e. equipping and logistics, which is the loading/unloading of aircraft (pillows, blankets, trolleys, etc.) and the management and storage of hotel products (preparation of drinks, food, tax free products,…).
- Ramp, i.e. airport assistance, going from runway assistance to terminal assistance..
- Cleaning, i.e. cabin service, to prepare a clean and comfortable aircraft.
- 9,150 employees
- 755 million euros in turnover
- 7.8 million euros of net consolidated result
- More than 100 units around the world, with its partners
- 45 million meal trays prepared per year
- 200 000 trays per day
- 16,300 tonnes of food products delivered every year
- More than 100 cooks
- 1,000 menus and 5,300 different recipes
Cleaning and logistics
- 365,000 aircraft handled every year
- 39,000,000 seats cleaned per year
- 47 km² of carpet cleaned per year
- 217 vehicles including 41 heavy duty vehicles
- 365,000 interventions with reduced mobility passengers
- 40.5 million newspapers and 11 million magazines supplied per year
- 40 hygiene, microbiology and quality experts
- 17 units certified ISO 9001 v2000
- 50,000 analyses per year realised by the Servair laboratory, COFRAC accreditation award
- 7 international experts monitoring the scientific committee
- 1971: Creation of Servair.
- 1974: Servair has 520 employees.
- 1975: Creation of Servair Lyon
- 1986: Servair provides restaurant services for Presidential journeys.
- 1990: Creation of ACNA, a company specialising in cleaning and equipping aircraft.
- 1990: 20 million trays served per year.
- 1990: Servair continues its establishment in Africa with the creation of DAKAR Catering
- 1991: Opening of Jet Chef at Le Bourget
- 1992: Opening of the units Servair 2, Orly Air Traiteur (OAT) and CPA at Roissy
- 1995: Servair is present in 14 countries.
- 1999: Creation of CAP (Culin’Air Paris) with Star Airlines and Bruneau Pégorier Catering
- 2000: Servair serves 40 million meals per year
- 2001: Opening of Special Meals Catering, a kosher production unit in Paris
- 2002: Opening of Mali Catering in Bamako Airport
- 2003: Opening of the new Servair laboratory
- 2004: Inauguration of a new kitchen in Mauritania
- 2005: CPA has transformed itself into a catering centre specialized in long-haul activity