Servant of the People (political party)
|Founded||31 March 2018|
|Slogan||Servant of the People|
0 / 450
Servant of the People (Ukrainian: Слуга народу, translit. Sluha Narodu) is a Ukrainian political party which was officially registered at the Ministry of Justice on 31 March 2018. The party has the same name as the Ukrainian TV hit Servant of the People made by the TV production company Kvartal 95. Party leader is Kvartal 95 lawyer Ivan Bakanov. At the time Kvartal 95 created the party they claimed it was important to do so so that nobody stole the name of the eponymous series for "cynical political purposes".
In a December 2017, Razumkov Centre opinion poll the party scored 4%. (Ukrainian parliamentarian elections have a 5% electoral election threshold). In an April 2018 "RATING" opinion poll for the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election 9% of respondents stated they would vote for the party. In a June 2018 poll by "RATING" the party gained 10.4%.
The star of the TV show Servant of the People Volodymyr Zelensky did state late December 2018 that he was a member of the party and that it was political active. He added that he was then not yet ready to name other members of the party. A planned visit to the party office, located in the Kiev law office of the firm "Kachura Lawyers", by Ukrayinska Pravda in October 2018 was denied by a party member (who refused to give his surname) because he did not have permission of the owners of the law firm to let people in.
- (in Ukrainian) Lawyer Zelensky has registered a new political party "Servant of the people", UNIAN (3 December 2017)
- (in Russian) The Ministry of Justice registered the party "Servant of the people", Ukrainian News Agency (26 April 2018)
- (in Ukrainian) The boundary of a joke. As Zelensky prepares for the election, Ukrayinska Pravda (25 October 2018)
- (in Ukrainian) "Party of Decisive Change" changed its name to "Servant of the people", LB.ua (2 December 2017)
- (in Ukrainian) The Council has a chance to go through 7 parties - polls, Ukrayinska Pravda (23 January 2018)
- "Parliament passes law on parliamentary elections". Interfax-Ukraine. Interfax-Ukraine. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- (in Ukrainian) Elections to the Council: in the leaders of "Motherland", the party Gritsenko and "Servant of the people" Zelensky, BPP went to the bottom - poll, UNIAN (26 April 2018)
- (in Ukrainian) In anticipation of presidential elections: the mood of Ukrainians, "RATING" (26 June 2018)
- (in Ukrainian) Zelensky: Party "Servant of the people" goes into politics, Interfax-Ukraine (26.12.2018)
- Clown show: Stand-up comic enters Ukrainian presidential race… and could win, RT News (2 January 2018)
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|