Servants of the Light
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Servants of the Light is a modern-day Western Mystery School which teaches the esoteric sciences through correspondence. They currently are not taking any new students due to restructure work on the lessons.
Servants of the Light, short called: SOL was founded in 1965 by British occultist and author W. E. Butler. He received his training in Dion Fortune's Fraternity of the Inner Light, which in turn stemmed from The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. He was also trained by the psychic Robert King. Mr Butler served as Director of Studies until his death in 1978 when he was succeeded by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki. Servants of the Light is now led by Dr Steven Critchley who is the third Director of Studies of the school.
The stated purpose of the SOL is to assist in spreading esoteric knowledge in an ethical manner to all who want to receive it, regardless of religious denomination, gender, nationality, race, age, social position or income. All who desire to do so should be able to study the Mysteries, the true inner spiritual heritage of the West.
- Greer, John, The New Encyclopedia of the Occult, Llewellyn Worldwide: Nov 1, 2003; ISBN 1-56718-336-0
- Servant of Light main web site retrieved July 19, 2006
- Hunt, Stephen J., Alternative Religions: A Sociological Introduction, Ashgate Publishing, Ltd.:Oct 1, 2003; ISBN 0-7546-3410-8, p. 162.
- Greer, p. 430.
- Greer, p. 78
- Director of Studies Announcement. Retrieved 6 September 2018
- Aims and Ideals. servantsofthelight.org. Retrieved 6 September 2018
- Why the Qabalah? servantsofthelight.org. Retrieved 6 September 2018