Djeparov playing for Esteghlal, August 2017
|Full name||Server Reshatovich Djeparov|
|Date of birth||3 October 1982|
|Place of birth||Chirchiq, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder, Second striker|
|2010||→ FC Seoul (loan)||14||(1)|
|2017||→ Sepahan (loan)||10||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 October 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 5 September 2017
Server Reshatovich Djeparov (Uzbek: Server Jeparov, Uzbek Cyrillic: Сервер Жепаров; born 3 October 1982 in Chirchiq), is an Uzbek professional football midfielder who last played for Zhetysu in the Kazakhstan Premier League. He has won the Asian Footballer of the Year award twice, first in 2008 and the other in 2011.
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Club statistics
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Honours
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In 2008, he was transferred to Bunyodkor. Djeparov scored 19 goals for the team in his first season, which made him the top goalscorer of the club and the 2008 Uzbek League. His team won its first ever Uzbek League title that year. For his instrumental role in Bunyodkor and the Uzbekistan national football team, he was awarded the Asian Footballer of the Year. As a part of an agreement with the Asian Football Confederation, Djeparov was offered to a month in trial with Premier League giants Chelsea. However, Bunyodkor's matches in the Uzbek League championship and the Asian Champions League meant that he was unable to attend. Anyway, this season is often described as the best season of his career.
In July 2010, Djeparov was loaned out to FC Seoul of the K League 1 until the end of season on his own request. He scored his K League 1 debut goal in a 2-0 victory against Incheon United on October 2, 2010. He posted 1 goal and 7 assists in 16 matches in the K League 1 that season, playing an instrumental role in Seoul's first K League win in 10 years. In February 8, 2011, Seoul announced that they had made the move permanent for an undisclosed fee rumored to be about US$850,000, and signed a 3-year contract with Djeparov.
After playing 15 games in Seoul, he was transferred to Al Shabab FC of the Saudi Premier League. The deal was announced at July 9, 2011. He was unremarkable on the pitch, and was rumored to be unhappy with his limited playing opportunities and Saudi Arabia's weather.
Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma / Seongnam FC
In January 2014 Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma was purchased from the Tongil Group by Seongnam City Government. Seongnam City Government made major changes to the club, which included renaming it Seongnam FC. As Ivan Vuković, the previous owner of the number 10 jersey, decided to change his number to 32, Djeparov decided to take the vacant number 10 of team.
On 15 January 2017, Djeparov completed his move to Esteghlal. He signed an internal one and half year contract worth $500,000 including bonuses, however his internal contract could not be registered with Esteghlal due to a FIFA imposed transfer ban. Later he joined Sepahan on loan until the end of the season.
Djeparov made his debut for Sepahan in a 3–0 defeat against Machine Sazi on 9 February 2017. On 5 March, he scored his first goal for Sepahan against city rivals Zob Ahan. After his loan at Sepahan expired it was originally reported that Djeparov would not return to Esteghlal, however after negotiations between the player and the club, Djeparov announced he will return to Esteghlal.
Return to Esteghlal
On 28 June 2017, he made his debut for Esteghlal in the 1–0 defeat against Sanat Naft Abadan entering as a substitute for Hassan Beyt Saeed. On 11 August, he scored his first goal for Esteghlal in the 1–0 win against Tractor Sazi, a screamer which was 30 yards away from the goal. Uzbekistan Football Federation praised his goal on their official Instagram later. On 6 December, he scored his first brace for the club in a 3–0 victory against his previous club Sepahan. His first goal in Hazfi Cup was in a 3–0 win against Iranjavan on 20 December 2017. He also played in the final of the competition, won 1–0 against Khooneh be Khooneh.
On 31 December 2017, Djeparov was ranked the 20th best player of Asia by Football Tribe's website. He was also named "Persian Gulf Pro League top assister of the Year at the end of the season.
On 26 July 2018 Esteghlal chairman Amirhossein Fathi announced that Djeparov will leave the club after the parties could not agree on the terms to renew his contract.
On 26 July 2018, Djeparov joined Kazakh side Zhetysu until the end of season. He made his debut in the League on 16 September in an away match with FC Tobol and scored equalized with a penalty 2–2, he played 290 minute.
Djeparov has made 102 appearances and scored 23 goals (as of 14 October 2014) for the senior Uzbekistan national team since 2002. In 2011, he became the captain of the Uzbekistan and posted 2 goals and 2 assists in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup, leading his side to its first ever semifinals in the cup.
|Club||Season||League||Cup||League Cup||AFC CL||Total|
Djeparov has a son, Raul, whom he named after Spanish footballer, Raul. Few years before his first daughter was born named Veronika.
- Uzbek League (6): 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Uzbek Cup (6): 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- CIS Cup (1): 2007
- FC Seoul
- Al Shabab
- Uzbek League Topscorer: 2008 (19 goals)
- Uzbekistan Footballer of the Year (2): 2008, 2010
- AFC Asian Footballer of the Year (2): 2008, 2011
- Persian Gulf Pro League top assister of the Year: 2018
- AFC Asian Cup All-time Best XI
- "История дважды лучшего футболиста Азии". prosports.kz.
- "Chelsea mise sur le Ballon d'Or ouzbek !" (in French).
- (UzDaily.com), Uzbekistan Daily. "Djeparov moves to FC Seoul".
- "Official: Former AFC Player of the Year Server Djeparov leaves FC Seoul to join Al Shabab | Goal.com".
- '명불허전' 제파로프, 성남 합류 이틀만에 적응 (in Korean). joynews.inews24.com. 2013-02-21.
- "جپاروف، رسما استقلالی شد" [Djeparov is officially an Esteghlal player] (in Persian). Tarafdari. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "مبلغ قرارداد جپاروف؛ 500 هزار دلار برای یک فصل و نیم" (in Persian). Tarafdari.
- "ه دلیل بدهی های استقلال؛ کارت بازی آندو و جپاروف همچنان صادر نشده است" (in Persian). Tarafdari.
- "فوری: سرور جپاروف به سپاهان پیوست" [Breaking: Djeparov joined Sepahan] (in Persian). Tarafdari.
- "جپاروف پایان فصل به استقلال بر می گردد" (in Persian). Tarafdari.
- "سپاهان 0 - ماشینسازی 3؛ سیلی از انتهای جدول!" [Sepahan 0 - Machine Sazi 0; slap from the bottom of table] (in Persian).
- "سپاهان 2-1 ذوب آهن؛ با فتح دربی، ناکامی های ویسی به پایان رسید" (in Persian). Tarafdari.
- "صنعت نفت 1 - استقلال 0؛ افتتاحیه تلخ برای آبیها" [Sanat Naft 1 – Esteghlal 0; Bad start for the blues] (in Persian).
- "استقلال 1 - تراکتور 0؛ همه طلسمها با هم شکست" (in Persian). 11 August 2017.
- Сервер Жепаровнинг ягона голи Теҳроннинг “Истиқлол” жамоасига “Тракторсози” устидан ғалабани таъминлади
- "گل چپاروف؛ سوژه اینستاگرام فدراسیون ازبکستان" [Djeparov's goal was the subject of Uzbekistan Football Federation's Instagram] (in Persian).
- "استقلال 3-0 سپاهان؛ در روز سوپر گل ها، طلسم های استقلال شکسته شد" (in Persian). 6 December 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "استقلال 3 - ایرانجوان صفر؛ بزن بریم آسیا" (in Persian). 20 December 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "استقلال 1- خونه به خونه 0؛ هفتمین تاجگذاری". Varzesh3. 3 May 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Football Tribe Awards: Top 30 Players in Asia (20-11)". 30 December 2017. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "بهترین پاسور سال ایران: سرور جپارف" (in Persian). 23 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "حضور جپاروف در استقلال منتفی شد" (in Persian). 26 July 2018. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Сервер Жепаров фаолиятини Қозоғистон чемпионатида давом эттиради" (in Uzbek). 2018-07-26.
- "Uzbekistan - Record International Players". RSSSF. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- Сервер Джепаров: есть 100 голов! (in Russian). sportportal.uz.
- "S. Djeparov - Career statistics".
- Server Djeparov Player info at uzfootball.uz
- "Server Djeparov - Century of International Appearances". www.rsssf.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Server Jeparov.|