This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019)
In BDSM, service-oriented submission (or sometimes servitude) is the performance of personal tasks for a dominant partner, as part of a submissive role in a BDSM relationship. The submissive is sometimes said to be in service to the dominant. Service-oriented submission is part of a spectrum of submissive behaviors, and not all submissives are service-oriented.
In domestic service roles, the submissive can receive pleasure and satisfaction from performing services for their dominant, such as serving as a butler, waitress, chauffeur, maid or housekeeper. Many derive satisfaction from being focused on the needs of another, rather than themselves.
The satisfaction of service submission is often combined with the pleasures of fetishes, the pleasures of humiliation, or both. A submissive may rub his or her dominant's feet because the sub enjoys providing the service, has a foot fetish, enjoys being "lower" than the dominant, or any combination.
- Erotic humiliation
- Financial domination
- Master/slave (BDSM)
- Service top
- Sexual roleplay
- Top, bottom, switch (BDSM)
- Sciortino, Karley (January 31, 2018). "A 'Lifestyle Slave' Is More Than a Sub Who Does All Your Chores for Free". Vice.
- Shahbaz, Caroline (2016). Becoming a Kink Aware Therapist. Taylor and Francis. ISBN 978-1-315-29532-9. OCLC 960040878.
- Easton, Dossie (2001). The new bottoming book. Janet W. Hardy, Angela Beck (New ed.). San Francisco, Calif.: Greenery. ISBN 978-1-890159-87-0. OCLC 793001222.
- "Bootblacking by Niki Smith". Oh Joy Sex Toy. 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "A Top's Guide to Being in the Bootblacking Chair". Deviance & Desire. 2016-05-11. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Inside the Surprisingly Intimate Fetish of Boot Licking". www.out.com. 2019-09-18. Retrieved 2021-10-12.