Service-oriented software engineering
Service-oriented Software Engineering (SOSE) is a software engineering methodology focused on the development of software systems by composition of reusable services (service-orientation) often provided by other service providers. Since it involves composition, it shares many characteristics of component-based software engineering, the composition of software systems from reusable components, but it adds the ability to dynamically locate necessary services at run-time. These services may be provided by others as web services, but the essential element is the dynamic nature of the connection between the service users and the service providers.
Service-oriented interaction pattern
There are three types of actors in a service-oriented interaction: service providers, service users and service registries. They participate in a dynamic collaboration which can vary from time to time. Service providers are software services that publish their capabilities and availability with service registries. Service users are software systems (which may be services themselves) that accomplish some task through the use of services provided by service providers. Service users use service registries to discover and locate the service providers they can use. This discovery and location occurs dynamically when the service user requests them from a service registry.
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Service-oriented analysis and design
- Separation of concerns
- Component-based software engineering
- Web services
- Cervantes, Humberto and Hall, Richard S., "Technical Concepts of Service Orientation." Chapter 1, pp. 1-26 in Stojanović, Zoran and Dahanayake, Ajanthap. Service-oriented software system engineering: challenges and practices. Idea Group Inc. (IGI), 2004. ISBN 978-1-59140-428-6.
- Breivold, H.P. and Larsson, M. "Component-Based and Service-Oriented Software Engineering: Key Concepts and Principles" in Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, 2007. 33rd EUROMICRO Conference on, ISBN 978-0-7695-2977-6.
- Stojanović, Zoran, A Method for Component-Based and Service-Oriented Software Systems Engineering. Doctoral Dissertation, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. ISBN 90-901910-0-3
- University of Notre Dame Service-oriented Software Engineering Group homepage
- Lancaster University Component & Service-oriented Software Engineering project homepage
|This software-engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|