This article does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Private (Held by Clayton, Dublier and Rice Inc.), Subsidiary of The ServiceMaster Company|
|Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, USA|
|Thomas J. Coba, President
Gary M. Bauer, Chief Operating Officer
ServiceMaster Clean is the doing-business-as name of ServiceMaster Residential/Commercial Services Limited Partnership and a franchisor selling and supporting fire and water disaster restoration, janitorial, commercial, residential, and floor care services franchisees through the United States, Canada, and 10 other countries using the “ServiceMaster Clean” trademarks and systems to residential and commercial services.
Company History and Key Dates
- 1929 – The ServiceMaster Company founded in Chicago, Illinois, as a moth-proofing company by Marion E. Wade, a former minor league baseball player.
- 1937 – The ServiceMaster Company expanded into rug and carpet cleaning, and the first “on-Location” (in the home) carpet cleaning customer was served using products developed by Mr. Wade.
- 1947 – The ServiceMaster Company incorporated with 6 employees and revenue of $125,000.
- 1952 – ServiceMaster Residential/Commercial Services (now known as ServiceMaster Clean) first franchise was sold and established one of America's first franchise business models.
- 1980 to 2000 – further expansion of The ServiceMaster Company’s Consumer Services business formed a network of service companies, headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, including ServiceMaster Clean, Terminix, TruGreen, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic, and AmeriSpec.
- 2007 – Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Inc. (CD&R), based in New York City, New York, acquired The ServiceMaster Company.
- 2011 – Hank Mullany, a former Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. executive, appointed as CEO for all ServiceMaster brands. And, Thomas J. Coba, former COO of Subway, named President of ServiceMaster franchise brands, including: ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic and AmeriSpec.
ServiceMaster Clean Organizational Structure
ServiceMaster Clean has 4,500 independently owned and operated franchises worldwide. ServiceMaster Clean is a subsidiary of The ServiceMaster Company, one of the world's largest service networks with locations in the U.S. and Canada as well as 10 countries around the globe.
Primary Service Areas
- Disaster Restoration Services including water damage cleanup and restoration
- Janitorial and Commercial Specialty Cleaning
- Residential Cleaning and Floor Care including carpet cleaning
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The ServiceMaster Company holds two patents that support the ServiceMaster Clean proprietary cleaning process named the “Capture and Removal Cleaning” system: (1) In December 2010, The ServiceMaster Company was awarded U.S. Patent No. 7,845,047 for a “dust wand”. And (2) in December 2011, The ServiceMaster Company was awarded U.S. Pat. No. 8,083,860 for the “Capture and Removal Cleaning” system.
The ServiceMaster Clean Capture and Removal Cleaning® system meets all the environmental and performance requirements of the Green Seal™ Environmental Standard for Cleaning Services (GS-42).
Commercial Cleaning Services==See also==