|Traded as||NYSE: NOW|
|Frank Slootman (CEO)
Fred Luddy (CPO)
Michael Scarpelli (CFO)
IT service management
Number of employees
ServiceNow, Inc. is a cloud computing company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It was founded in 2003 by Fred Luddy, the previous CTO of software companies Peregrine Systems and Remedy Corporation. ServiceNow is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the Russell 3000 index.
ServiceNow offers everything-as-a-service cloud computing, including platform-as-a-service (PaaS) enterprise service management software for human resources, law, facilities management, finance, marketing, and field operations. ServiceNow specializes in IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Operations Management (ITOM) and IT Business Management (ITBM) applications and provides forms-based workflow application development. ServiceNow has integration options for platforms such as Salesforce, JIRA, SharePoint, and BMC Remedy Action Request System. ServiceNow has also partnered with Kepner-Tregoe to create a unique plugin which integrates the KT troubleshooting methodology into the ServiceNow IT management solution portfolio. The company has a global presence with operations in North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Africa.
After serving as CTO for Peregrine Systems in San Diego, Fred Luddy started Glidesoft, Inc. in 2003. Glidesoft specialized in IT service management applications based on ITIL standards. In 2006, the company changed its name to ServiceNow. In 2007, ServiceNow reported an annual revenue of $13 million and began serving IT solutions to large companies such as TIAA-CREF, Intel, Staples, Safeway, University of San Francisco, and AstraZeneca.
In 2012, ServiceNow became a publicly traded company. ServiceNow was therefore the first technology company taken public by Morgan Stanley since Facebook. Shortly after going public, ServiceNow relocated its headquarters from San Diego to Santa Clara. ServiceNow currently holds additional office locations in San Diego, London, New York City, Kirkland, Washington, San Francisco, Frankfurt, Orlando, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Paris, Singapore, Sydney and Hyderabad.
|Year||Month and date||Event|
|2004||June 28||Glidesoft, Inc. incorporated in California.|
|2006||February 16||Glidesoft, Inc. changes name to ServiceNow.|
|2012||February 16||ServiceNow incorporated in Delaware.|
|2012||June 29||ServiceNow becomes publicly traded company with an initial stock price of $18.|
|2013||April 1||ServiceNow receives Federal Information Security Management Act Moderate Authority to Operate (ATO) from the United States General Services Administration. This allows federal, state and local government agencies to use the cloud-based ServiceNow software for IT consolidation and service delivery, as well as business process automation.|
|2013||July 9||ServiceNow acquires Mirror 42, adding performance analytics to its cloud-based software.|
|2014||February 6||Hewlett-Packard files lawsuit against ServiceNow for infringing on eight patents. The case was settled through a $100,000 fine to Fred Luddy.|
|2014||April 29||ServiceNow hosts the inaugural Knowledge conference in San Francisco, entitled Knowledge14. Over 6,000 IT professionals, 100 large enterprise CIOs, and 1,000 partners attended the event. ServiceNow currently hosts a Knowledge conference every year. Previously this conference had been held in Las Vegas, ServiceNow has announced that the Knowledge17 conference will be in Orlando, Florida.|
|2014||July 9||ServiceNow acquires Neebula Systems (Israel) for $100 million.|
|2014||September 23||BMC Software, Inc. sues ServiceNow for patent infringement.|
|2014||October 22||ServiceNow announces a 61% year-over-year revenue growth ($178.7 million), 58% year-over-year billings growth, a 2,514 customer count, and 98% renewal rate for its third financial quarter.|
|2015||April 17||ServiceNow announces the ServiceNow Express program, which provides cloud-based service management software for small and medium-sized enterprises.|
|2016||Jan 27||ServiceNow announces total revenues of $1.0 billion for fiscal year 2015.|
- "Glidesoft seeks San Diego area businesses to participate in Customer Advisory Program for innovative IT Service Management solution" (Press release). GlideSoft – via BusinessWire.
- "Executive Team". ServiceNow.
- "Service Now (Now): Leading Cloud Provider Passes with Flying Colors". FinancialMarketsWizard.com. Archived from the original on June 5, 2015.
- Bigelow, Bruce V. (August 9, 2011). "San Diego's ServiceNow Driving Hard as Revenue Soars; Expands to Silicon Valley". Xconomy.
- "ServiceNow Customers". ServiceNow. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015.
- Libenson, Barry (July 22, 2014). "CIO Perspective: Leading Massive IT Change". ServiceNow. Archived from the original on November 29, 2014.
- Carr, David F. (July 2, 2013). "University of San Francisco Puts ServiceNow Apps to Work". InformationWeek.
- Saran, Cliff (August 5, 2014). "AstraZeneca rolls out IT self service using ServiceNow". Computer Weekly. UK.
- "Our History". ServiceNow. Archived from the original on May 16, 2011.
- "Customer Success Stories". ServiceNow. Archived from the original on May 19, 2011.
- Spears, Lee (June 29, 2012). "ServiceNow Advances in Debut After $210 Million IPO". Bloomberg News.
- Donato-Weinstein, Nathan (November 15, 2012). "ServiceNow signs major Santa Clara lease". Silicon Valley BizBlog.
- "SEC Filings". ServiceNow. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "ServiceNow Delivers Enterprise IT Cloud to Government Agencies" (Press release). ServiceNow. April 1, 2013.
- "ServiceNow Acquires Mirror42" (Press release). ServiceNow. July 9, 2013.
- "Hewlett Packard Company v. ServiceNow, Inc.". PRIORsmART. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- Gullo, Karen (February 6, 2014). "HP Accuses ServiceNow of Infringing Software Patents". Bloomberg News.
- "ServiceNow Announces Knowledge14 – Home of the Service-Oriented Enterprise" (Press release). ServiceNow. April 29, 2014.
- "Knowledge16" (Press release). ServiceNow. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "Knowledge17" (Press release). ServiceNow. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "ServiceNow acquires Neebula Systems for $100m". Globes. July 9, 2014.
- Dignan, Larry (September 23, 2014). "BMC sues ServiceNow for patent infringement". ZDNet.
- "ServiceNow Reports Financial Results for the Third Quarter 2014" (Press release). ServiceNow. October 22, 2014.
- "On the Radar: ServiceNow Express - ServiceNow for the SME and mid-market". InformationWeek (Press release). October 12, 2015.
- "ServiceNow Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2015" (Press release). ServiceNow. January 27, 2016.