Services Institute of Medical Sciences
|Motto||In Lumine Tuo Videbimus Lumen|
Motto in English
|In Thy light shall we see light|
|Principal||Prof. Dr Hamid Mahmood Butt|
|Address||Services Hospital, Jail Road, Lahore, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Campus||Jail Road opposite Race Course Park|
|Colours||Deep Blue Colour|
Services Institute of Medical Sciences (Urdu:سروسز انسٹیٹوٹ آف میڈیکل سائنسز), established in 2003, is a public school of medicine located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Services Hospital is attached to the college as a teaching hospital. It is officially abbreviated as SIMS.
The College admits students on open merit, which is gender neutral and need blind and is granted through a centralized Medical College Admission Test conducted by the University of Health Sciences Lahore annually. In case of the Foreign students, admission is processed through the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
Faisal Masud is the founder principal of the college. In its initial days, it was located in a portion of the building of the College of Community Medicine at Birdwood Road. This college is now housed in its new campus adjacent to the Punjab Institute of Cardiology.
It has five main lecture theaters in addition to the demonstration rooms. Its library has more than 8000 books and subscribes to 78 National and International Journals available as paperbacks. In addition, it gives access to HEC funded access to thousands of scientific books and journals as e-access. Services Hospital is the 1196 bedded teaching hospital attached to the campus.
Its basic departments are equipped with computer aided laboratories, Carl-Zeiss microscopes for the students and penta-head and deca-head microscopes for demonstration and research. Its Pathology department is ISO 9002 and ISO 15142 certified.
Esculapio Creative is a administrative department of Services Institute of Medical Sciences responsible for publications. The SIMS Journal The Esculapio is one of a kind in the quality of medical research it boasts of and has received international acclaim.
Recognition and affiliations
The college is recognized by the following organizations.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council
- iMed - FAIMER
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore
- "Services Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS) Lahore - Introduction to Government Medical & Dental Institutions of Punjab: Prospectus for Admission in MBBS / BDS to Government Medical & Dental College of Punjab, Session 2012-13". Pakmed.net. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Higher Education Commission". Hec.gov.pk. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- ":::Punjab Medical College:::Faisalabad- Official Website". www.pmc.edu.pk. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "SIMS Pathology Dept gets ISO certification". The Nation. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "ESCULAPIO,The Journal of SIMS, Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Services Hospital, Lahore". Sims.edu.pk. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- PMDC Recognition Status
- University of Health Sciences Affiliation