Services Sound and Vision Corporation
The Services Sound and Vision Corporation (SSVC) is a British registered charity. Set up in 1982 from the merger of the Services Kinema Corporation (SKC) and the British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) to "entertain and inform Britain's Armed Forces around the world", its activities include the British Forces Broadcasting Service with its radio and television operations, SSVC Cinemas, the British Defence Film Library, and its live events arm, Combined Services Entertainment (a successor to ENSA).
A new ten-year contract began on 1 April 2013 awarded by the Ministry of Defence. SSVC will continue to provide services to the British armed forces in the UK and where deployed abroad. Its current Chief Executive Officer is Simon Bucks (born 1952; from Sky News).
Former Managing Directors/Chief Executives:
- 1982–1988 John Grist (1924–2017; BBC)
- 1988–1993 Alan Protheroe (1934–2013; BBC)
- 1993–2005 David Crwys-Williams (1940–; Air Vice Marshal)
- 2005–2009 Alastair Duncan (1952–2016; Major General)
- 2009–2015 Nick Pollard (1950–; Sky News)
- Charity Commission. Services Sound and Vision Corporation, registered charity no. 233480.
- "The work of SSVC". ssvc.com. Archived from the original on 23 January 2013.
- "BFBS Radio". bfbs.com. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Highlights - BFBS TV". bfbs.com. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Cinema". ssvc.com. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "British Defence Film Library". ssvc.com. Archived from the original on 12 December 2013.
- "Combined Services Entertainment". ssvc.com. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011.
- "About Us - Trustees". ssvc.com. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
|This article about a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|