|Part of a series on|
Servitka Roma (Ukrainian Серви, Russian Сэрвы) is a subgroup of Romani. They formed as a group in Ukraine, where their ancestors had come from Serbia. Servitka Roma are part of the Romani people in Ukraine and in Russia, where they are well integrated into general society. They are also the most numerous group of Ukrainian Roma. Servitka Romani dialect belongs to Ukrainian Group of Romani dialects as classified by L.N. Cherenkov. Most of Servitka Roma speak poor Romani and use many Ukrainian and Russian words.
Well-known Servitka Roma
- Eugene Hütz, musician
- Mikhail Erdenko, violinist, music composer
- Valentin Baglaenko, singer, theatre and cinema actor
- Nikolai Slichenko, theatre and cinema actor, Romen Theatre director
- Nickolai Erdenko, singer, creator of "Dzhang" group
- Sasha Kolpakov and Vadim Kolpakov, guitarists
- Yury Ivanenko, president of Ukrainian Romani Congress, publisher of children literature in Romani
- Sergei Erdenko, vaiolinist, one of creators of "Loyko" group
- Rozalia, Radda and Leonsia Erdenko, singers
- "Roma and Gypsies". www.imninalu.net. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
"Beliefs of Ukrainian Roma as historic-religion resource" by Olexandr Belikov ("Вірування Ромів України як історико-релігієзнавче джерело", Олександр Беліков)