Sessão da Tarde
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sessão da Tarde|
Logo since 2013
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i; (When the film is available in HD) 480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||5 March 1974|
Sessão da Tarde (English: Afternoon Session) is a Brazilian television program on Rede Globo that shows movies on Monday through Friday afternoons. It is one of the most enduring movie screenings and is well known by Brazilians, being on air since 5 March 1974.
- 5 March 1974–1989: The first vignette has many pictures, and at the end the letters fly off the screen, setting up the logo. Then there was an instrumental before the next vignette. From 1989 to 1990, the block was temporarily replaced by Festival de Férias (Holiday Festival).
- 1990–1999: In this opening there is a rainbow in the sky under the names that make up the logo (gold color) and at the end, the rainbow and the sky are transferred to a dark background and form the logo.
- 1999–2004: The opening was updated: The rainbow was replaced by some seemingly translucent colors. The clouds were redone and the animation of the logo too. The first version aired from 1999 to 2000, the second version came up in 2004, with the logo looking like the Globo glass.
- 2004–4 October 2013: The source has become a translucent blue, the logo's letters revolved around a rainbow in the sky. By forming the logo, the rainbow is combined with the first word.
- 7 October 2013–Present: The opening changed identity and arrangement. The lines of varying sizes are scattered and change the color of the background and at the end the bands form the new logo.
In general, the films presented are comedy, adventure and action. At one point session had all kinds of movies, but with the emergence of the ClassInd system, the session has lost much of its heritage as it can only show L- or 10-rated films. The classic movies of Sessão da Tarde are various, such as The Blue Lagoon, Home Alone, La misma luna, Matilda, Edward Scissorhands, Police Academy, Barbie as Rapunzel, Dirty Dancing, and Ghost, among many others.
On 20 September 2018, Globo affiliate RBS TV in Rio Grande do Sul aired the 14-rated film O Tempo e o Vento in Sessão da Tarde's time slot; the rest of the country saw the 10-rated Playing House.
Currently, across Brazil the movie session averages 15 points and 47% interest, and is the absolute leader in its exhibition schedule. The audience mostly consists of people between 25 and 49 years (37%), class C (53%) versus 24% of class A and B, and 23% of classes D and E. Most are women over 18, who make up 49% of the audience.
- Júnior, Aloizio (28 November 2017). "Globo escala pela primeira vez filme proibido para menores de 12 anos na Sessão da Tarde". Otvfoco.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Ousada, Sessão da Tarde exibe seu primeiro filme +14 Hoje (20/09)". Expertplay.net (in Portuguese). 20 September 2018. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
RBS TV vai fazer uma Sessão da Tarde Especial, para comemorar o feriado de 20 de setembro no estado do RS, vai exibir o filme O Tempo e o Vento protagonizado por Thiago Lacerda, classificação passou na chamada, 14 ANOS.
- "[RBS TV] - Chamada da "Sessão da Tarde Especial" com o filme "O Tempo e o Vento" - 20/09/2018". YouTube. 20 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- Media Data Session Afternoon
|This Brazilian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|