BeIN Sports (Australia)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2014)|
|beIN SPORTS Australia|
|Launched||1 November 2007|
|Owned by||beIN Media Group|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
|Formerly called||Setanta Sports Australia (prior to 24 November 2014)|
|Fetch TV||Channel 101|
|Optus TV with Fetch||Channel 160|
|beIN SPORTS CONNECT||beinsports connect.au|
beIN SPORTS Australia is a sports television channel operating in Australia available to homes and businesses across Australia. The channel started life in 2007 as Setanta Sports Australia which was part of the Setanta Sports Group of television channels that operate around the world.
In late 2014, Setanta Sports Australia was acquired by the beIN Media Group, a subsidiary of Al Jazeera Media Network. As a result, on 24 November 2014, the channel was rebranded as beIN Sports.
beIN SPORTS Australia offers a range of international sport specialising in football and Rugby Union. beIN SPORTS Australia's broadcast rights include UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, FA Community Shield, Capital One Cup, Football League Championship, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, SPFL, RBS 6 Nations and European Rugby Champions Cup, Major League Soccer
Many customers have raised the question about high definition availability of beIN SPORTS on Foxtel through the appropriate social media channels, but the company has consistently deflected the questioning only to say: "We will be making some improvements to our current programming with enhancements to the service coming out over the coming months, keep watching this space for updates". Unlike some of the overseas markets, beIN SPORTS in Australia continues to be broadcast in low grade standard definition, which can appear grainy on twenty first century television screens.
beIN SPORTS football rights include:
- UEFA Champions League
- English Championship
- German Bundesliga
- Italian Serie A
- Scottish Premiership
- Scottish Championship
- FA Community Shield
- Capital One Cup
- Scottish Cup
- Scottish League Cup
- UEFA Europa League
- 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)
- International Friendly matches
- England Home Friendly Internationals
- England U21 Home Friendly Internationals
- Major League Soccer
beIN SPORTS rugby rights include:
- RBS 6 Nations
- European Rugby Champions Cup
- European Rugby Challenge Cup
- Aviva English Premiership
- Guinness Pro 12
- Ireland Home Internationals
- Wales Home Internationals
- Scotland Home Internationals
- Argentina Home Internationals
beIN SPORTS Australia channel is available on all the major pay-TV home platforms in Australia: Foxtel and Fetch TV. beIN Sports Australia is also available online and via IOS & Android devices through beIN SPORTS CONNECT and available commercially to clubs, pubs and businesses.
- Hilliard, Mark (14 August 2014). "Setanta SPORTS Australia set to be sold to Al Jazeera". The Irish Times. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Vojdinoski, Clint (16 October 2014). "Bein Sport Close Setanta Australia Deal". Sports Business Insider. Retrieved 31 December 2014.