||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2015)|
Seth Flowerman (born c. 1985) is an entrepreneur who has been recognized for his business success while a student in high school and college.
Early life and education
Flowerman attended the Pingry School. He earned a B.S. from Cornell University in 2008 and an MBA from the S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management in 2009. He was a member of Sigma Phi and Sphinx Head at Cornell.
At age 16, Flowerman founded Career Explorations, a program that sets American college and high school students up with internships in Boston, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York City, and San Francisco . Four years later, he founded Vertex Academic Services, a test preparation provider and educational consulting company in Manhattan. Vertex was acquired in 2011 by A List Education. Career Explorations was acquired in 2010 by Musiker Discovery Programs and Dream Careers Inc. and now operates under the name Discovery Internships.
- 2004: Student Entrepreneur of the Year, Junior Achievement
- 2007: Kaplan Most Promising Campus CEOs
- 2008: BusinessWeek's 25 Entrepreneurs under 25
- 2008: Social Impact Award, Global Student Entrepreneurship Awards
- Gangemi, Jeffrey (Fall 2008). "Startups – Seth Flowerman '08, MBA '09: A precocious knack for startups". Cornell Enterprise.
- Weiss, Tara (2006-09-14). "Dorm Room Titans". Forbes.
- DiNapoli, Jessica (2007-02-14). "Student's Businesses Help Others Shoot for Success". Cornell Daily Sun.
- "Entrepreneur Center - Student Entrepreneur of the Year".
- "Most Promising Campus CEO Winners and Finalists". Kaplan, Inc.
- "2008 Finalists: America's Best Young Entrepreneurs". BusinessWeek.
- "Past Winners". Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.