Seth Michael Donsky
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Seth Michael Donsky|
|Born||Seth Michael Donsky
Donsky was born in Champaign, Illinois to Aaron Donsky and Wendy Arbit. He was raised by his mother and stepfather James Hite in Riverside, CA. He holds an MFA in Film from Columbia University where he twice received the Dean's Fellowship. He currently lives in New York City. He wrote and directed the 1997 feature film Twisted and the 2004 short film Loopy, the latter his thesis film for graduation from Columbia.
Donsky's Twisted was re-discovered by the Museum of Modern Art in 2013, included in their Charles Dickens bicentenary film series http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/films/1339 and subsequently accepted into their permanent film collection.
He was selected to direct two commercial spots, Love Thy Neighbor and History of the Movies, as one of ten national finalists for the 2000 and the 2003 Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award Contest.
He has taught screenwriting at the New York Film Academy and was chairman of the screenwriting department from 2004-2006. He currently teaches at The Art Institute of New York City and is also a visiting adjunct in the MFA Screenwriting Program at Hollins University.
As a journalist he contributed regularly to Gotham Magazine and Los Angeles Confidential magazine. He also contributed articles to womansday.com, the online version of Elle Decor and at pointclickhome.com, the online site for Metropolitan Home and to the Edge, an online LGBT portal.
His 2010 New York Press cover feature Free at Las$t about debtors anonymous in New York City was recognized for excellence in coverage of business and financial news by the New York Press Association and prominently featured in the March/April 2011 Issue of Utne Reader. His work was also honored in the New York Press Association's 2010 Better Newspaper Contest for Excellence in Journalism.
(Selective, with media in parenthesis)
- 2008: "Sensual Feng Shui" (Point Click Home)
- 2008: "Location, (Re)location: Barbara Tober Profile (Gotham Magazine)
- 2009: "Hollywood's Classic Interiors" (Point Click Home)
- 2009: "The Trouble With Safe Sex" (Cover story in New York Press)
- 2009: "What's Love Got To Do With It" (Cover story in New York Press)
- 2010: "Free at La$t" (Cover story in New York Press)
- 2011: "Domestic Bliss" (Cover story in New York Press)
- A Christmas Carol - with Calgary Men's Chorus
- 1996: Twisted (director, producer, screenplay)
- 2003: Raw (short) (writer)
- 2004: Loopy (short) (director, screenplay)
- Loopy online - Part 1
- Loopy online - Part 2
- THE TROUBLE WITH SAFE SEX - SETH MICHAEL DONSKY visits NYC's last remaining bathhouses to investigate whether safe sex is still an effective message against HIV
- FREE AT LA$T - Imagine a life in which you didn’t owe money to anyone. SETH MICHAEL DONSKY discovers that is the ultimate, achievable goal with Debtors Anonymous