Sethu Institute of Technology
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||The Gateway to Knowledge and Success|
|Anna University, autonomous|
|Location||Pulloor, Kariapatti, Virudhunager, Tamil Nadu, India|
Sethu Institute of Technology was started in 1995 by the Sethu Educational Trust, sponsored by a committee of academicians led by educationist Thiru. S.Mohamed Jaleel. The college is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, Accreditation by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi and is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It offers Bachelors programmes in eight disciplines and seven Masters programme. The college is awarded autonomous status in the year 2012 by AICTE and it was confirmed by Anna University, Chennai in 2014.
The purpose of education is to make an individual a unique personality so as to help the society with the vistas of new ideas. With this focus in mind and with the blessings of the Almighty, our zealous SETHU EDUCATIONAL TRUST established SETHU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY in the year 1995 at Pulloor, Kariapatti – 626 106, Virudhunagar District with the motto of “KNOWLEDGE, SERVICE, PROGRESS”.
Sethu Institute of Technology, the brainchild of our Founder & Chairman, Mr. S. Mohamed Jaleel, has been rendering its noble service since 1995 catering to the sustained growth of the educationally, industrially and economically backward rural areas. The college started with 180 students in the year 1995 with three UG Programmes has recorded a stupendous growth of expanding to the strength of more than 4700 students with 9 UG programmes and 5 Post Graduate programmes.
Location and infrastructure
The institute which is located on Madurai – Tuticorin National Highway (NH 45B), Pulloor, Kariapatti of Virudhunagar district, Tamil Nadu is just 12 km away from Madurai airport. The campus is spread over a sprawling land of 132 acres providing a tranquil and right learning ambience for aspiring students. The college library has 56,123 volumes and subscribes to 140 international journals. Each discipline has its own department library. Air-conditioned computer laboratories, housing modern versions of computer systems connected under network with multimedia and scanners are available. There are laboratories, engineering drawing hall, staff and students room, and canteen.
Under Graduate Courses:
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Information Technology
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering
- B.E. Agriculture Engineering
- B.E. Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech Fashion Technology
Post Graduate Courses:
- M.E. CAD/CAM
- M.E. Communication System
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Power Electronics and Drives
- M.E. Structural Engineering
- Accredited With 'A' Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- Mech, CSE and ECE departments are accredited by NBA, New Delhi under Washington Accord (Tier-I) & EEE and IT are re-accredited by NBA, New Delhi.
- Mech, CSE, ECE, EEE and M.E. CAD/CAM departments have obtained permanent affiliation from Anna University, Chennai
- Recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology from 2016 to 2019
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) is followed with many Value Added and Special Credit Courses
- Enhancing the communication & leadership skills of the students by International Toastmasters Club
- Preparing the students for the global market through Foreign Languages training in French, German, Japanese and BEC
- 24 hours Insurance Coverage for both students and parents
- A fleet of around 60 buses and 15 vans are in service to commute from various locations
- Wifi enabled campus
Research and Development
The following departments are approved as recognised Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
The faculty member of the college has submitted 51 project proposals to various funding agencies like AICTE, DRDO, DST, DIT, BRNS, UGC,TIFAC,CSIR,MNRE.,
Sethu Institute of Technology has got separate hall of residences for both boys and girls with excellent infrastructural facilities for the cosy and comfortable staying of the inmates. The hall of residence for women is very spacious with 52 furnished rooms accommodating 282 students. A warden will be taking charge of all the issues inside the premises. There is also a prayer hall, a browsing center, a net room and a store. Two rooms are allotted exclusively for faculty members.In the same expected standard the hall of residence for boys can accommodate 364 students with furnished rooms for their comfortable stay. Two wardens are deputed to monitor all the activities.
The Hall of Residences are provided with built-in wardrobes, cupboards, cots, tables and chairs including hot water facility.Round the clock phone facility is available and also to continuously monitor the hostel campus securities will be on their duty 24×7. The wi-fi technology enables the inmates to update their knowledge then and there. Study hours are planned to see that the students fare well in the examinations. Special coaching classes are conducted for slow learners of hostels after regular class hours. The dining halls are always maintained with spic and span and hygienic food is provided for the inmates. There is a separate vegetarian and non- vegetarian dining hall. Many more facility are available such as prayer hall, TV hall, gym hall, browsing center, net room, and store. Carom board, and other indoor games are provided for recreation. There is also a STD booth inside the hostel premises
- Uninterrupted power supply for both Boys and Girls Hostel is provided through Solar Power Energy
Placement cell coordinates with the industries for students / Faculty visit, in- plant training to the students, guest lecture by industrialists and campus interview. Corporate bodies have recruited students from final year students. Personality Development programmes are being undertaken for the benefit of the students.
- To arrange and organize campus recruitment.
- To organize Guest lectures and industrial visits.
- To organize training programmes GDs, Mock personal interviews, etc.,
- To Conducts aptitude tests, and Technical tests.
- To Communicate with industries by giving profile of college & students for the placement.
- To Organize Career Guidance Programs.
Internal Training Students are given a platform to learn continuously. Hence the internal training has been included in the regular time table.
External Training To keep abreast of the latest development in the industry, the college regularly organises expert lectures through resource persons from the prominent industries
Our Recruiters Our College is boast of bringing as many as several multi-national and national companies such as TCS, IBM, CTS,
The Alumni Association of Sethu Institute of Technology strives to create a forum to foster fruitful communication and congenial relationship among the alumni, the students and the College. The Alumni Association organizes the nostalgic gathering of the members at various places through its Chennai Chapter and Bangalore Chapter apart from the parent Alumni Association at the College.
Alumni Reunion was conducted on Oct 21, 2017 at college premises.
Alumni Web Portal: http://alumni.sethu.ac.in