Seton Academy: Join the Pack!
|Seton Academy: Join the Pack!|
Cover of volume 1 by Kodansha
(Murenase! Seton Gakuen)
|Written by||Bungo Yamashita|
Kodansha (distribution, 2016-2018)
Shogakukan (distribution, 2019-present)
|Imprint||Cycomi, Cycomi x Ura Sunday|
|Original run||May 2016 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiroshi Ikehata|
|Written by||Shigeru Murakoshi|
|Music by||Yōsuke Yamashita|
|Original network||Tokyo MX, SUN, KBS, BS11, Animax|
|Original run||January 7, 2020 – present|
Seton Academy: Join the Pack! (群れなせ！シートン学園, Murenase! Seton Gakuen) is a Japanese manga series by Bungo Yamashita. It has been serialized online via Cygames' Cycomi manga app and website since May 2016 and has been collected in seven tankōbon volumes by Kodansha (former) and Shogakukan (current). An anime television series adaptation by Studio Gokumi premiered on January 7, 2020.
Due to a population decline, there are fewer humans than there are humanoid animals. Jin Mazama is a human boy who attends Seton Academy where the majority of students are animals. Jin hates animals, but as luck would have it, a female human named Hino Hitomi catches his eye. Unfortunately, Jin finds himself grabbing the attention of other animals such as Ranka Ōkami, a wolf who is the only one in her pack.
- Jin Mazama (間様人, Mazama Jin)
- Voiced by: Haruki Ishiya
- A male human who hates animals after an incident with Ranka and three bear cubs when they were children. He has a crush on Hitomi, the only other human at Seton Academy. Like her he enjoys cooking for himself as the academy's cafeteria mostly caters for animal diets.
- Ranka Ōkami (大狼ランカ, Ōkami Ranka)
- Voiced by: Hina Kino
- A female Hokkaido wolf with a short temper. While she considers herself pack leader she treats Jin as the alpha male and becomes possessive and jealous when he is approached by other females.
- Hitomi Hino (牝野瞳, Hino Hitomi)
- Voiced by: Yume Miyamoto
- A female human who became friends with Jin as the only other human at Seton. She enjoys cooking and decided to start a cooking club. She is easily embarrassed when watching Jin dealing with the animal habits of other girls. She considers Jin a good friend and nothing more.
- Yukari Komori (子守ユカリ, Komori Yukari)
- Voiced by: Misaki Kuno
- A female koala who has grown tired of only eating eucalyptus and joined cooking club to expand her diet.
- Miyubi Shisho (獣生ミユビ, Shisho Miyubi)
- Voiced by: Konomi Kohara
- A female three-toed sloth. Like a sloth she moves extremely slowly and will pass out and die if she exerts herself. She has also been known to pass out (or "die") after taking a bath, eating unfamiliar foods or walking more quickly than normal for more than a few yards. She has expressed an interest in identifying any sport she could take part in without dying and joined cooking club in order to make friends.
- Kurumi Nekomai (猫米クルミ, Nekomai Kurumi)
- Voiced by: Sora Tokui
- A female cat who can elicit different feelings in others by altering the frequency of her purring. She joined cooking club to make friends but is too proud to admit it. She is referred to as the clubs "ghost member" as she rarely takes part in club activities but is sometimes seen around the club room and was instrumental in acquiring a steady supply of vegetables from the gardening club.
- Chloe Mashima (馬縞クロエ, Mashima Kuroe)
- Voiced by: Yoshino Aoyama
- A Grévy's zebra mare who insists she is a noble species of horse and becomes embarrassed at any suggestion she is related to the donkey species.
- King Shishino (獅子野キング, Shinsino Kingu)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita
- A male lion with a large harem of female lions. Despite being surrounded by females of his own species he is in love with Shiho, a female Impala. As a supporter of inter species relationships he gets along with Jin and the members of the cooking club. A running gag includes his once impressive mane falling out whenever something goes wrong with his relationship with Shiho.
- Gigasu Terano-sensei (寺野先生)
- Voiced by: Tesshō Genda
- A male Tyrannosaurus teacher.
- Male Animals (各話♂（オス）動物役)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
- Miki Hadano (肌野 ミキ, Hadano Miki)
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura
a female Naked mole-rat and Student Council President. She has an army of male naked mole rats she considers her friends and who treat her as their queen. As a rule she prefers being naked or partially clothed and considers having to be fully clothed at school deeply embarrassing. She is strictly against the idea of mixed species romance and considers it her duty to keep the students, particularly Jin, from dating outside their own species.
- Shiho Ihara (伊原 シホ, Ihara Shiho)
- Voiced by: Marika Kouno
- A female impala. She was initially unaware that King had a crush on her but after he confessed she agreed to be his friend, at least until she begins her reproductive cycle and could decide if she is romantically attracted to him.
- Ferrill Okami (大狼 フェリル)
- Voiced by: Asami Tano
- Ranka's older sister.
- Iena Madaraba (斑刃 イエナ, Madaraba Iena)
- Voiced by: Minami Tsuda
- a female Spotted hyena that thinks she's a male.
- Mei Mei (苺苺, Mai Mai)
- Voiced by: Yū Serizawa
- A female Giant panda.
On October 4, 2019, an anime television series adaptation was announced by Cygames. The series is animated by Studio Gokumi and directed by Hiroshi Ikehata, with Shigeru Murakoshi handling series composition, and Masakatsu Sasaki designing the characters. Yōsuke Yamashita, Yusuke Katō, and Tomoya Kawasaki are composing the series' music. It premiered on January 7, 2020 on Tokyo MX, SUN, KBS, BS11, and Animax.[a] Crunchyroll is streaming the series. It will run for 12 episodes, with an unaired episode to be bundled with the series' third Blu-ray volume. The series' opening theme is Gakuen Sōkan Zoo (学園壮観Zoo) by Hina Kino, Haruki Ishiya, Yume Miyamoto, Misaki Kuno, Konomi Kohara, and Sora Tokui as their respective characters, and the ending theme is 'Ōkami Blues" (オオカミブルース) by Kino under her character name Ranka Ōkami.
|No.||Title [b]||Original air date [a]|
|1||"Ranka the Wolf Boss"|
Transcription: "Ookami Bosu Ranka" (Japanese: おおかみ
|January 7, 2020|
|In an alternate world of humanoid animals the human population has declined drastically. Jin Mazama, a human, attends Seton Academy and meets Ranka Okami, a short tempered wolf-girl. To calm her down he feeds her meat, only to be invited to join her pack. Jin meets Hino Hitomi, the only other human at Seton, and is instantly attracted to her. Sensing a rival Ranka challenges Hitomi for Jin, causing her to run away. Jin points out other students normally form packs with their own species. Ranka denies this as a human once beat up bear cubs bullying her. Jin realises it was him who tried to save Ranka, but the bears beat him up, causing his hatred of animals. Ranka becomes upset when Jin forms a pack, (cooking club), with Hitomi. Jin later sees Ranka being used as a servant by Mashima Kuroe, a zebra-girl. Jin defeats Kuroe by revealing that zebras more closely resemble donkeys than horses, and exposes Kuroe’s donkey-like tail, and panties. Hitomi invites Ranka to join cooking club before being attacked by three bear-boys who plan to eat Hitomi. Ranka tries to fight back, allowing Hitomi to escape before Jin neutralises them with bear spray, but they recover by washing their eyes with water. They almost kill Jin but are chased away by the giant teacher Gigasu Terano, a T-rex man. To thank her Jin and Hitomi agree to join Ranka’s pack, only for her to accept by grossly licking them both on the mouth like a wolf.|
|2||"Why Females Put XXX in Their Mouths"|
Transcription: "Naze Mesu-tachi wa ￮￮￮ wo Kuchi ni suru ka" (Japanese: なぜ雌達は○○○を口にするか)
|January 14, 2020|
|Jin announces Ranko must pass a cooking test. Komori Yukari, a koala-girl also asks to join. Yukari only eats Eucalyptus but believes she once ate something else. Annoyed, Jin allows Ranka to cook a vile dish which Yukari must eat to earn membership. The vile dish makes Yukari realise the something else she once ate was undigested eucalyptus from her mother’s digestive system, part of a baby koala’s diet. Kurumi Nekomai, a cat-girl, uses hypnotic purring to manipulate her way into the club, though Jin is unaffected. The gardening club, a sounder of boar-boys, are convince by Kurumi to supply them with vegetables. Kurumi tries to get everyone to quit cooking club and start a sleeping club but fails, so she quits. Ranka suggests inviting Miyubi Shisho, a sloth-girl. Headmaster Aramoto, a gigantic Alamosaurus-man, threatens them into being Miyubi’s friends, as her slow movements require a lot of assistance. Ranka tries to help Miyubi take a bath, requiring Jin to save her as sloth’s easily overheat. After an awkward shower Miyubi thanks Jin for letting her join the club. Jin, who had been planning on refusing, lets her join out of guilt. He also lets Kurumi join as he knows she really wants to be friends, based on her feline attention seeking behaviour. The cooking clubs inter-species friendships draw the attention of the student council who decide cooking club must be shut down.|
|3||"Those Who Strip with the Ones They Love"|
Transcription: "Aisuru mono tachi to nugu mono" (Japanese: 愛するものたちと脱ぐもの)
|January 21, 2020|
|Student council president Miki Hadano warns the students to avoid unnatural inter-species relationships. In her office she strips naked, revealing she is a naked mole rat-girl with an army of male naked mole rats. Miki concludes Jin is trying to assemble a multi-species harem and sends her army to spy on him. Jin is kidnapped by the lion-girl harem of lion-boy King Shishino. King admits he has fallen in love with Shiho, an impala-girl, and asks Jin’s advice on inter-species relationships. Jin discovers King has never spoken to Shiho, and suggests King speak to her in person. Unfortunately, Shiho runs away whenever King approaches. A group of male lions suddenly challenge King for his harem, revealing they have taken Shiho hostage. King proves his dominance by beating them all, and then surprises everyone by cutting off his impressive black mane, causing his harem to lose interest in him. He manages to confess his feelings to Shiho, but while she turns him down as she is not in heat, she is willing to be friends until she is ready. This convinces Miki Jin is manipulating students into forming inter-species couples and confronts him in her underwear. She demands the club shut down, but when Ranka saves the mole rats from being eaten by Kurumi they convince Miki there is nothing unnatural about just being friends with another species. Miki decides to leave, but will continue watching Jin very closely.|
|4||"The Self-Styled Young Man and the Giant Wolf"|
Transcription: "Jishō Shōnen to Dai ōkami" (Japanese: 自称少年と大狼)
|January 28, 2020|
|With King cutting his mane, his throne becomes available and the schools males begin fighting. Ranka’s older sister, Ferrill Okami, arrives at Seton but is nervous about seeing Ranka. She visits the cooking club where, after a happy reunion, she asks Ranka to return to their pack. Ranka refuses, claiming she is Jin’s wife, so Ferrill decides to make Jin a pack member, until Ranka claims she hates Ferrill, defeating her. Shiho temporarily breaks up with King to focus on club activities. Ferrill is challenged by a hyena-boy named Lena Madarabe, but she ignores him. Meanwhile several lion-boys hear that Jin defeated Ferrill, and decide to defeat him themselves. However Lena defeats the lions, wanting Jin for himself, until Jin points out he is actually female, and she storms off. The next day Lena decides to prove to Jin she is male. The naked mole rats tell Miki Lena is causing trouble and show her a video of Jin pulling down Lena’s pants, causing Miki to faint. Meanwhile it is shown Lena is actually trying to pull her own pants down while Jin is trying to stop her. Jin reveals that female hyenas possess a fake penis similar to the males, causing Lena to realise she actually is female. Ferrill decides she is happy Ranka formed her own pack, though she still hates Jin. Meanwhile Lena tells her family she has accepted being a female, but after their embarrassingly enthusiastic response she angrily goes back to calling herself male.|
|5||"Who was Brave?"|
Transcription: "Dare ka yūkan deatta ka?" (Japanese: 誰が勇敢であったか？)
|February 4, 2020|
|Field Day is approaching and Ranka wants cooking club to compete, but everyone except Miyubi refuses. Ranka and Miyubi begin training while helping the naked mole rats construct the sports field. Seeing their determination Hitomi and Jin decide to compete. Kuroe, now friends with the donkeys, challenges them, until Yukari points out they don’t have enough team members to compete. Miyubi arrives somehow able to run, only it turns out she has a cold and her increased heart rate made her faster temporarily. The cooking club loses all the morning events, unable to compete with other species, especially the cheating Chimpanzee leader, Pan Saruhama, who is able to use tools. In the afternoon Jin lets the donkeys join their team and they easily win a footrace over a snowy mountain while Yukari surprisingly wins the arm wrestling against the gorilla-boys. Jin wins the endurance race as humans have the most stamina of any mammal. Hitomi is drugged by the chimpanzees before she can compete in the swimming, so Miyubi takes her place as sloths can swim. Miyubi takes the lead until Pan uses a boat to almost drown her. The whole crowd begins cheering for Miyubi and she manages to finish the race before dying. Ranka runs the last race through a jungle and wins after teaching Pan a lesson. Cooking club comes in first place and wins Field Day, deciding to let the donkeys use their club room as thanks for helping.|
|6||"The Legend of the Panda Girl"|
Transcription: "Onna Kumaneko no Denki" (Japanese: 女熊猫の伝記)
|February 11, 2020|
|A panda-girl named Mei Mei transfers to Seton with her manager, a red panda-man named Feng Feng. Mei Mei turns out to be a brat, having been spoiled her whole life due to her species rarity. Mei Mei disguises herself using hair stolen from King’s newly regrown mane and visits cooking club, rudely eats all the dumplings Jin made, then reveals she is the new panda student. However, Jin is unimpressed and throws her out. Having never been treated that way before she becomes embarrassed and confused. She bribes Yukari, Miyubi, and Ranka to let her join, however, Jin still treats her like a brat by insisting she cook and clean for herself. Mei Mei finds herself secretly enjoying Jin’s treatment of her. Jin decides she needs the permission of all the club members, including Kurumi, who as a cat reacts negatively to strangers. To make Kurumi comfortable Jin locks Mei Mei in a cage, which she also secretly enjoys, and Mei Mei stubbornly insists on staying until Kurumi accepts her. Kurami decides to accept her and when Mei Mei wakes up finds she has been given a blanket. Ranka explains Mei Mei must lick the pack leader’s mouth to join the pack, so Mei Mei licks Jin, having confused him as the dominant male, then gets mad when her mistake is explained. All the girls go to Seton’s hot spring, which Jin built, and it is revealed it was actually Jin who gave Mei Mei the blanket. Meanwhile, the newly shaven King becomes jealous after seeing Shiho with an impala-boy.|
|7||"The Wild Habits of a Troubled Animal"|
Transcription: "Nayami Shi-kemono no Yasei-teki Shūkan" (Japanese: 悩みし獣の野性的習慣)
|February 18, 2020|
|Yena has no idea how to act female and decides to learn by stalking Hitomi. Tel Anamitsu, a tiny honey badger-girl wants to join Ferrill’s pack but is rejected as the only female Ferrill will accept is Ranka. Tel decides to defeat Ranka. Yena tries to copy Hitomi but ends up seeming even manlier. Hitomi takes her to cooking club where Jin criticises everything about her. Yukari suggests Hitomi act like Yena, but somehow it comes across as very sexy. Tel demands Ranka fight her and is thrown out by Yena but appears uninjured. Yena temporarily becomes feminine, but reverts to her old self after being embarrassed by her unfeminine digestive process. Tel tries to fight Ranka again but the lion-boys begin bullying her, only to find her honey badger skin makes her impervious to injury. Yena returns to her tomboy self and defeats the lions. Ranka refuses to fight so Yena challenges Tel instead. Tel uses the stink gas produced by her body, accidentally defeating Ranka. Ferrill beats up Tel for hurting Ranka and Tel decides she likes it. Ranka is happy Ferrill has invited a non-wolf into her pack so Ferrill lets Tel stay to keep Ranka happy. Yena proves happier as her old self while her new closeness to Hitomi almost makes Jin fight her for dominance. Meanwhile King protects Shiho from bullying warthog-boys and she admits she loves him. King mistakes this for an invitation only to be kicked in the face as Shiho is still not in heat.|
|8||"The Beach Bard"|
Transcription: "Umi no Gin'yū shijin" (Japanese: 海の吟遊詩人)
- Tokyo MX lists the show at 24:30 on January 6, which is at 12:30 A.M. on January 7, 2020.
- All English titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "Murenase! Seton Gakuen Animal Romantic Comedy Manga Gets Anime". Anime News Network. October 4, 2019. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- "Murenase! Seton Gakuen Animal Romantic Comedy Anime's Video Reveals More Cast, Staff, January 6 Debut". Anime News Network. December 4, 2019. Retrieved December 4, 2019.
- "Yukari Tamura Enrolls in Seton Academy: Join the Pack! TV Anime". Crunchyroll. January 7, 2020. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "Murenase! Seton Gakuen Anime Casts Yū Serizawa". Anime News Network. February 7, 2020. Retrieved February 7, 2020.
- "Crunchyroll to Stream Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!, 'Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove it,' More Anime". Anime News Network. December 4, 2019. Retrieved January 6, 2020.
- "Murenase! Seton Gakuen Anime Gets 12 TV Episodes, Unaired Episode". Anime News Network. January 6, 2020. Retrieved January 6, 2020.
- "ミュージック | TVアニメ「群れなせ！シートン学園」公式サイト" (in Japanese). Cygames. Retrieved February 15, 2020.
- "ストーリー / TVアニメ「群れなせ！シートン学園」公式サイト" (in Japanese). Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "群れなせ！シートン学園". Tokyo MX (in Japanese). Retrieved January 2, 2020.
- Anime official website (in Japanese)
- Seton Academy: Join the Pack! (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|