Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up settlement in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Settlement may refer to:
- Human settlement, a community where people live
- Settlement (structural), the distortion or disruption of parts of a building
- Settlement (closing), the final step in executing a real estate transaction
- Settlement (finance), where securities are delivered against payment of money
- Settlement (litigation), a resolution between disputing parties about a legal case
- Settlement (trust), a deed whereby property is given by a settlor into trust
- All pages beginning with "Settlement"
- All pages with a title containing Settlement
- Act of Settlement (disambiguation), various legislation
- Settlement Act, or Poor Relief Act 1662
- Settler colonialism, replacing the original population with a new society of settlers
- Settlement geography, investigating the part of the earth's surface settled by humans
- Settlement movement, a Victorian era reformist social movement
- Settlement school, social reform institutions established in rural Appalachia in the early 20th century
- Sedentism, the practice of living in one place for a long time
- Squatting, occupying an abandoned building
- Structured settlement, a negotiated financial or insurance arrangement
- Consolidation (soil), a process by which soils decrease in volume
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Settlement.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.