Seven Seas Entertainment
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Los Angeles, California|
|Distribution||Macmillan Publishers (Seven Seas)|
Diamond Book Distributors (Ghost Ship)
|Publication types||Manga, Graphic novels, OEL manga, light novels|
Seven Seas Entertainment is a publishing company located in Los Angeles, California. It was originally dedicated to the publication of original manga, but now publishes licensed manga and light novels, as well as select webcomics. The company is headed by Jason DeAngelis, who coined the term "World Manga" with the October 2004 launch of the company's web site.
In April 2005, Seven Seas became the first manga publisher to release downloadable manga content for the Sony PSP and, as a result, gained over 12,000 downloads in the first five days. Seven Seas followed the Sony PSP announcement with enlisting the platinum-selling Filipino group the J Brothers to create a theme song for its web manga series Aoi House entitled "Itsumo Futaride." During Comic-Con 2005, Seven Seas Entertainment premiered the pilot of its No Man's Land flash anime series and later followed it with a flash animation music video based on Aoi House.
In March 2008, Seven Seas Entertainment began publishing new editions of Rachel Robert's popular children's fantasy novel series Avalon: Web of Magic in conjunction with Red Sky Entertainment. A three-volume manga spin-off titled Avalon: The Warlock Diaries followed which started in June 2009. Seven Seas and Red Sky Entertainment also launched a dedicated website for the Avalon novel series in September 2008 at AvalonMagic.com.
On August 1, 2012, Seven Seas Entertainment launched the ad-supported free webcomic portal Zoom Comics in partnership with Pixie Trix Comix. The initial launch titles included Amazing Agent Jennifer, Dracula Everlasting, Paranormal Mystery Squad, and Vampire Cheerleaders.
On October 11, 2017, Seven Seas Entertainment announced a new manga imprint called Ghost Ship for its mature titles. Manga series licensed under this imprint are distributed through Diamond Book Distributors.
- About Seven Seas
- "I, OTAKU "ARE YOU AN OTAKU?" CONTEST." Seven Seas Entertainment. Retrieved on October 25, 2011. "This contest is sponsored by Seven Seas Entertainment LLC, 626 Midvale Ave. #1, Los Angeles, California, 90024"
- Correction: World Manga
- Manga for Sony PSP: Seven Seas Announces 12,000 Downloads in 5 Days
- Seven Seas Entertainment Launches new "Light Novel" Imprint
- Avalon book listing on Gomanga.com
- Avalon Magic: dedicated website for Avalon series
- Robot 6: Seven Seas sets up global manga webcomics site
- "Seven Seas Entertainment Collaborates with J-Novel Club to Bring Light Novels to Print". Anime News Network. January 20, 2017. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Seven Seas Launches New Ghost Ship Imprint to Deliver Mature Manga Through Diamond Book Distributors, Including New Titles YUUNA AND THE HAUNTED HOT SPRINGS and WORLD'S END HAREM". Seven Seas Entertainment. October 11, 2017. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio. Exclusive: Seven Seas Licenses Tomo-chan Is a Girl! Comedy Manga. Anime News Network, February 3, 2018. Accessed September 13, 2018.