|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2009)|
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
Seven Witches released a Demo-CD in 1998, which gave them a record deal with Massacre Records. The first two CDs Second War in Heaven and City of Lost Souls featured vocalist Bobby L. Bobby Lucas was the one who named the band and wrote the lyrics with Jack Frost. Bobby Lucas left the band in 2000 and was replaced with Wade Black who left Crimson Glory for Seven Witches.
With Wade Black on vocals, the band recorded their 3rd studio album Xiled to Infinity and One. Wade Black left the band in 2002 and was replaced with James Rivera (Helstar). Bass guitar player Billy Mez also left the band in 2002 to join Single Bullet Theory and was replaced with the well known Joey Vera, who has played in Anthrax and Armored Saint.
In June, 2005, singer Alan Tecchio (best known for his work with the band Hades) joined Seven Witches and recorded their sixth studio album, Amped. Alan joined the band after singing on "Hell or High Water", a song for Jack Frost solo project. Frost, satisfied with Tecchio's vocals, asked him to join the band. Shortly after that, Kevin Bolembach also joined as Seven Witches' new bass player. Kevin and Alan had played together in Non-Fiction from 1991 to 1996.
To celebrate the band's 10th anniversary, Seven Witches has reunited with vocalist James Rivera for a tour and a new album titled Call Upon The Wicked which was released on June 28, 2011.
2013 will be an absolute rebirth for SEVEN WITCHES, with a new lineup and a fresh, new energy, featuring in-your-face, driving, crushing riffs with gritty melodic vocals.
Alan Tecchio recently stepped down as the SEVEN WITCHES lead vocalist, feeling that he could not be fully committed to the project. The band's new CD will, however, feature Alan singing his version of one of the new cuts (same music, different lyrics and melodies).
SEVEN WITCHES respect Alan's decision as a longtime band member and friend and ask that fans support Tecchio in all his future endeavors.
Stepping in as lead vocalist is Anthony Cross (a.k.a. Anthony Regalbuto) who is said to have "a completely different approach to the SEVEN WITCHES brand."
After over 20 different vocalist submissions, Cross was chosen to bring a different dimension to the already well-known WITCHES sound. In recent years, he spent time singing for bands like LIVESAY, SHADOW IMAGE, FISCHEL'S BEAST, ATTACKER, and most recently, the IRON MAIDEN tribute act SANCTUARY. Rounding out the new lineup is the massive rhythm team of Ronnie Parkes (SLIPPERY WHEN WET, FARCRY) on bass and Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE, DANZIG, SEVENTH VOID, A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH) on drums.
SEVEN WITCHES states: "Our goal is to bring you something unpredictable that you can sink your teeth into and walk away feeling 'till the next morning."
"The Rebirth" will be SEVEN WITCHES' first full-length worldwide release for Entertainment One's FrostByte Media imprint and can be expected to hit the streets in early 2013. The CD was recorded at Canyon Music in Toms River, New Jersey
Vocalist James Rivera (HELSTAR, VICIOUS RUMORS, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) announced his departure from SEVEN WITCHES in September 2011.
Rivera sang on SEVEN WITCHES' "Passage To The Other Side" (2003), "Year Of The Witch" (2004) and "Call Upon The Wicked" (2011) albums.
- Second War in Heaven (1999)
- City of Lost Souls (2000)
- Xiled to Infinity and One (2002)
- Passage to the Other Side (2003)
- Year of the Witch (2004)
- Amped (2005)
- Deadly Sins (2007)
- Call Upon The Wicked (2011)
- Rebirth (2013)
- The Way of the Wicked (2015)
- Years of the Witch (2006)
- Jack Frost - Guitars (1998–present)
- Ronnie Parkes Bass (2012–Present)
- Johnny Kelly - Drums (2012–present)
- Anthony Cross A.K.A Anthony Regalbuto - Vocals (2012–present)
- Bobby Lucas - Vocals (1998–2000)
- Wade Black - Vocals (2000–2002)
- Alan Tecchio - Vocals (2005–2008)
- James Rivera - Vocals (2002–2005; 2008-2011)
- Billy Mez - Bass (1998–2002)
- Joey Vera - Bass (2002–2004)
- Dennis Hayes - Bass (2004–2005)
- Kevin Bolembach - Bass (2005–2008)
- Mike Lepond - Bass (2008-2011)
- Brian Vincent - Drums (1998–2000)
- John Osborn - Drums (2000–2001)
- Brian Craig - Drums (2001–2004)
- Jeff Curenton - Drums (2004–2006)
- Steve Delaney - Drums (2006–2007)
- Taz Marazz - Drums (2011-2012)