|Sevenhampton shown within Wiltshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Dorset and Wiltshire|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Sevenhampton is a small village in the borough of Swindon, in the ceremonial county of Wiltshire, England. It is about 1.4 miles (2.3 km) south of the town of Highworth and 5 miles (8 km) northeast of central Swindon.
In 1212 the toponym was recorded as Suvenhantone, meaning "town of the dwellers at a place called 'seven wells' or the like". The parish church is surrounded by earthworks marking the site of a medieval settlement, possibly including an earlier church. The site is a scheduled ancient monument.
The Church of England parish church of St James (also recorded as St Andrew) was built in 1846 by W. Pedley, in the Early English style. Its churchyard has the grave of Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond series of novels.
Sevenhampton House, near the church, is from the 17th century.
Warnford Place is a country house, southeast of the church, with grounds overlooking the River Cole. One wing of an 18th century house survives, following remodelling by Lord Banbury in 1904. The house was owned by Ian Fleming and his wife Ann from 1960 until her death in 1981.
Central Hall Cricket Club is based in the village.
- Ekwall, Eilert. Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Place-names. p. 413.
- Historic England. "Medieval settlement remains at Sevenhampton (1017799)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "St James, Sevenhampton". Archbishops' Council. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Historic England. "Church of St Andrew, Sevenhampton, Highworth (1023370)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Historic England. "Sevenhampton House (1023371)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Historic England. "North wing of former Warnford Place (1355925)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Daring raid on tycoon's home". This is Wiltshire. 22 June 2004. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Club Directory: Swindon United Churches". Wiltshire Cricket. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Maranatha Christina School". Retrieved 15 December 2015.
Media related to Sevenhampton, Wiltshire at Wikimedia Commons