Sex Kittens Go to College
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2015)
|Sex Kittens Go to College|
|Directed by||Albert Zugsmith|
|Produced by||Albert Zugsmith|
Albert Zugsmith (Story)
Mamie Van Doren|
|Music by||Dean Elliott|
|Cinematography||Ellis W. Carter|
|Edited by||William Austin|
|Distributed by||Allied Artists Pictures|
|94 minutes/adult version 103 minutes|
Sex Kittens Go to College (a.k.a. Beauty and the Robot) is a 1960 American comedy film from Allied Artists Pictures, produced and directed by Albert Zugsmith, that stars Mamie Van Doren, Tuesday Weld, and Mijanou Bardot. The film was also released in adult theaters with an additional 9-minute dream sequence added showcasing the robot, Sam Thinko, with striptease dancers.
Collins College's administrators are expecting new professor Dr. Mathilda West, who holds 13 degrees and speaks 18 languages. What they aren't expecting is the buxom blonde beauty who gets off the train.
Dr. West has an effect on everybody, from public relations director George Barton, who is the boyfriend of jealous dean Myrtle Carter, to football star Woo Woo Grabowski, who gets very nervous around beautiful women, including student Jody, who loves him.
A campus computer, affectionately known as Thinko, has a knack for knowing the future, including winning lottery numbers and race horses. A hoodlum, Legs Rafertino, comes looking for Thinko, thinking he's a bookie, while foreign exchange student Suzanne tries to interview Legs for her thesis.
Barton exposes the fact that Dr. West was once the Tallahassee Tassle Tosser, a stripper. The school's primary benefactor, Admiral Wildcat MacPherson, is concerned. Dr. West defends her former occupation and even gives a tassle demonstration that hypnotizes several of the men.
Woo Woo wins enough money on Thinko's gambling advice to marry Jody and buy a car. Myrtle dyes her hair blonde and woos Wildcat MacPherson. And not wanting to stay where she's not wanted, Dr. West prepares to leave town, only to have Barton steal a fire engine and race to catch up with her.
- Mamie Van Doren as Dr. Mathilda West
- Tuesday Weld as Jody
- Mijanou Bardot as Suzanne
- John Carradine as Professor Watts
- Jackie Coogan as Wildcat MacPherson
- Babe London as Miss Cadwallader
- Pamela Mason as Dr. Myrtle Carter
- Martin Milner as George Barton
- Louis Nye as Dr. Zorch
- Mickey Shaughnessy as Boomie
- Conway Twitty as himself
- Vampira as Etta Toodie
- Norman Grabowski as Woo Woo Grabowski
- Charles Chaplin, Jr. as Fire chief (Uncredited)
- Harold Lloyd Jr. as Policeman (Uncredited)
The film was known during production as Teacher Versus Sexpot.
- Entertainment: Zugsmith Success Story Is Unusual Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 28 Nov 1959: 12.
- Sex Kittens Go to College on IMDb
- Sex Kittens Go to College at the TCM Movie Database
- Joe Dante on Sex Kittens Go to College at Trailers from Hell
|This film article about a 1960s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|