|Sex machine examples|
|Examples of machines used in films by the site Fucking Machines|
Devices can be penetrative or extractive. The term fucking machine is generally used to describe a penetrative machine which works by the transfer of rotational or reciprocating force from a motor to a directional motion on a shaft tipped by a dildo. A hand-held modified reciprocating saw device is sometimes called a fucksaw, a hand-held modified drill motor rotating device is sometimes called a drilldo, and a modified jigsaw is called a jillsaw. An extractive device works like a milking machine and can be attached to the penis, breast, or other body part.
History and use
The vibrator was originally invented for the treatment of hysteria in Victorian women through medical orgasm induced by clitoral massage. These early mechanical devices were much larger and more powerful than the modern vibrators; they were first used by physicians and became popular in bath houses in Europe and the US towards the beginning of the 20th century. More compact, electrically powered versions later briefly appeared as health aids in department store catalogs.
Modern automated erotic stimulation devices differ from vibrators because they penetrate as well as throb. These devices are sometimes used as part of auto-erotic or partnered bondage play. Teledildonics combines use of various sex machines and a web interface, used remotely by a partner. Modern sex machines on the market include vacuum pumps, instruments that deliver calibrated electrical shocks to the nipples and genitals, and life size inflatable male and female dolls with penetrable and vibrating orifices.
The conference Arse Elektronika regularly features demonstrations of sex machines and academic debates about these devices.
Risk of injury
- Fuckzilla (by kink.com): a sex machine featuring a dildo and a licking device (2007)
- Nekropneum Fuckenbrust Neckhammer 40k: a sex machine by group monochrom that was featured at NRW-Forum Düsseldorf in March 2019
In popular culture
In the 2008 film Burn After Reading, US Treasury agent Harry Pfarrer builds a pedal-powered "dildo chair". The pornographic website Fucking Machines has been featured in the mainstream press as a source of information and depictions of uses.
In 2011, J. Michael Bailey provided a forum for a live demonstration of a sex-machine device to his class at Northwestern University, which led to international press coverage, questions about appropriate college coursework, and questions about academic freedom vis-a-vis tenure.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sex-machines.|
- List of BDSM equipment
- Sex toy
- Sex robot
- Venus 2000
- Arse Elektronika
- Pussy torture
- Leung, Isaac (2009). The Cultural Production of Sex Machines and the Contemporary Technosexual Practices. In Grenzfurthner, J. et al., eds. Do androids sleep with electric sheep? Critical perspectives on sexuality and pornography in science and social fiction. RE/SEARCH, ISBN 978-1-889307-23-7
- Farrell, Lauralee (2007). Dream Machine. In The Best American Erotica 2007, p. 2077. ff., Susie Bright, ed. Simon and Schuster, ISBN 978-0-7432-8962-7
- Clark-Flory, Tracy (March 3, 2011). The "live sex show" professor speaks. Salon.com
- Arnott, Stephen (2010). Sex: A User's Guide. Random House Digital, Inc., ISBN 978-0-440-33437-8
- "Jillsaw". YouTube. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- Browne, Ray Broadus (1982). Objects of special devotion: fetishism in popular culture, p. 49 Popular Press, ISBN 978-0-87972-191-6
- Maines, Rachel (1999). The Technology of Orgasm: "Hysteria," the Vibrator, and Women's Sexual Satisfaction. Johns Hopkins University Press. ISBN 0-8018-6646-4.
- Blue, Violet (2006). The Adventurous Couple's Guide to Sex Toys. Cleis Press, ISBN 978-1-57344-254-1, chapter 6: Teledildonics toys: online sex for two
- Stabley, Matthew (March 11, 2009 ). Woman Injured in Power Tool Sex Toy Encounter. NBC Washington
- Lane Hartwell (2007-10-06), "So Who Wants to F\\k a Robot?", Wired (in German), ISSN 1059-1028, retrieved 2019-03-16
- Jan Petter. "Warum es in Düsseldorf jetzt einen Darkroom voller Sexroboter gibt". Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- Alexandra Wehrmann. "Mensch und Maschine: Digitalfestival zum Thema Robotik im NRW-Forum". Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- Westdeutsche Zeitung. "Meta Marathon Düsseldorf: Fünf Tipps" (in German). Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- Gilbey, Ryan (2008). That Superior Feeling: The Coen Brothers' Espionage Comedy-Is an Exercise in Smugness. New Statesman, Volume 21, p. 45
- "A Disciplined Business" by Jon Mooallem, The New York Times Magazine, April 29, 2007.
- Clark, Tracy (2011-03-03). "The "live sex show" professor speaks". Salon.com. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- Gawker Archived 2015-01-23 at the Wayback Machine, March 3, 2011.