Sex on the Beach
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|IBA official cocktail|
|Served||On the rocks: poured over ice|
|Standard garnish||orange slice|
|Standard drinkware||Highball glass|
|Preparation||Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange slice.|
|Sex on the Beach recipe at International Bartenders Association|
There are two general types of the cocktail:
- The IBA official cocktail is made from vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice.
- The 2008 Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide (67th edition) provides an alternative recipe made from vodka, Chambord, Midori Melon Liqueur, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice.
Some derivative variations have their own names:
- A "sex in the driveway" is a sex on the beach with orange juice and cranberry juice replaced with blue curaçao and Sprite.
- A "Woo Woo" is Sex on the Beach without orange juice.
- The alcohol-free variation is sometimes referred to as "Safe Sex on the Beach," "Cuddles on the Beach," or "Virgin(s) on the Beach".
- "Sex on the Beach". International Bartenders Association. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide (67th ed.). Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. 2008. ISBN 978-0-470-39065-8.
- "Sex in the Driveway". Mixthatdrink.com. Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- Kester Thompson (2011). Cocktails, Cocktails, and More Cocktails. p. 52. ISBN 978-1-60734-423-0.
- Suzi Parker (2005). 1000 Best Bartender Recipes. p. 534. ISBN 978-1-4022-0547-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sex on the beach (cocktail).|