Seymour: An Introduction (film)
|Seymour: An Introduction|
|Directed by||Ethan Hawke|
|Distributed by||IFC Films|
Seymour: An Introduction is a 2014 American documentary film. Directed by Ethan Hawke, the film documents the career of Seymour Bernstein, a classical pianist who abandoned his rising career as a concert pianist at age 50 to retreat to a more modest, private life as a music educator and composer. The film was released on March 13, 2015, by IFC Films. It has a 100% rating on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes.
The film debuted on August 30, 2014 at the Telluride Film Festival. At the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival, the film was second runner-up for the People's Choice Award for Best Documentary, behind Do I Sound Gay? and the winner, Beats of the Antonov. in August 2014, it was announced IFC Films had acquired United States distribution rights to the film. The film was released on March 13, 2015 in a limited release.
- "Seymour: An Introduction (2014)". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved October 8, 2017.
- "Ethan Hawke 'Seymour' documentary is intimate portrait of pianist". Reuters, September 12, 2014.
- "Telluride Film Review: ‘Seymour: An Introduction’". Variety, August 31, 2014.
- "TIFF: ‘The Imitation Game’ is People’s Choice". Global News, September 14, 2014.
- "Ethan Hawke's Documentary 'Seymour: An Introduction' Bought by Sundance Selects". TheWrap. 28 August 2014.
- "Seymour: An Introduction Trailer: Ethan Hawke Makes a Doc". /Film. 9 February 2015.
- "Seymour: An Introduction". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Seymour: An Introduction". Metacritic.
- Seymour: An Introduction on IMDb
- Seymour: An Introduction at Rotten Tomatoes
- Seymour: An Introduction at Box Office Mojo
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|