This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kocaeli Fair in Seyyal Taner, 2010.
|Birth name||Seyyal Taner|
|Born||September 28, 1952|
|Genres||Pop, Rock, Dance|
Early life and career beginnings
Taner was born in Şanlıurfa, Turkey and later moved to İstanbul with her family. She graduated from the Amerikan Kız Lisesi. She received vocal training from Şerif Yüzbaşıoğlu in 1965 and started to sing as an amateur with the Kanat Gür Orkestrası.
In 1968 Los Bravos played in Istanbul and having caught her act, offered Taner a role in a Spanish musical. Whilst promoting in Spain, she attracted the attention of Paramount Pictures and was offered a small part in Villa Rides. On returning to Turkey Taner continued her acting career until she left for Germany and marriage to Peter Harold, Los Bravos's guitarist. The couple had a daughter; after divorcing, Taner returned to Turkey and began directing her career towards music.
Taner signed a record deal with the 1 Numara Plakçılık, a label belonging to Ali Kocatepe. Her debut 45 rpm record "Tanrı Şahidimdir - Şimdi Sen Varsın" was released in 1974. The following year, her second single "Nene Hatun - Yalnızlığı Bir de Bana Sor" was released. However, her first two records did not bring her a great success. Meanwhile, she began an acting career, with "Lalezar Gazinosu". Later she took to the stage as a group with Seyhan Karabay and Sedat Avcı. In 1976, she transferred to Yavuz Asöcal's record company and released her third single "Son Verdim Kalbimin İşine - Elveda" which was a success, as was her film Çizmeli Kedi that same year. Other 1970s singles include "Kalbimi Affettim", "Seni Çok Özledim", "Gülme Komşuna". In 1980, she released her first album "Lider" and in 1986, her second: "Leyla".In 1979, she appeared on TRT with Halil Ergün with a presentation of the first Turkish TV musical Çırpınış, a version of Asiye Nasıl Kurtulur. She opened a dance school with Sait Sökmen and taught dancers for show business, including Hakan Peker.
With the song "Dünya" Taner came second in the Turkish National Final for the Eurovision Song Contest 1986. The following year she and the group Lokomotif came first with the song "Şarkım Sevgi Üstüne". They failed to score any points and finished last in the 1987 Eurovision Song Contest. After the result, she took a break. Then she returned to music and recorded "Nanay". Other 1980s singles include "Elalem Ne Der", "Naciye", "Leyla", "Nanay" and "Neler Oluyor".
In 1990, Taner moved to Bodrum. In 1991, she released the album "Alladı Pulladı" for which she contributed some lyrics and music. Early 1990s singles include "Alladı Pulladı", "Şiirimin Dili", "Kırk Yılık Kani", "La Havle Ya Settar". In 1993, she released "Geliyorum", after which she took a long break from music.
In 2002, Taner released her best of album "Seyyalname", "En İyileriyle Seyyal Taner" in 2005 and "En İyileriyle Seyyal Taner 2" in 2007. In 2007, she duetted "Erkek Adamsın" with Zakkum in his first studio album. In March 2012, she released her maxi-single album; Ethnic Rock. and toured. In 2014, she sang "Canımsın Deme Bana" on the "Wonderland" album of İlhan Erşahin.
- Lider (1981)
- Leyla (1986)
- Nanay (1989)
- Alladı Pulladı (1991)
- Kalbimi Affettim (1993)
- Geliyorum (1993)
- Seyyalname (2002)
- Ethnic Rock (2012)
- Tanrı Şahidimdir - Şimdi Sen Varsın (Bir Numara, 1974) (writer(s), Ali Kocatepe)
- Nene Hatun - Yalnızlığı Bir de Bana Sor (Bir Numara, 1975) (writer (s), Ali Kocatepe, Doğan Canku, et al.)
- Son Verdim Kalbimin İşine - Elveda (Yavuz, 1976) (writer (s), Ülkü Aker.)
- Kalbimi Affettim - Sarmaş Dolaş (Yavuz, 1976) (writer (s), Ülkü Aker, et al.)
- Gülme Komşuna Gelir Başına - Seni Çok Özledim (Yavuz, 1977) (writer (s) Çiğdem Talu and Melih Kibar)
- Sorma Neydi O - Neden Gelmedin (Yavuz, 1977) (writer (s) Çiğdem Talu and Melih Kibar)
- Şarkım Sevgi Üstüne-Une Melodie (TRT, 1987) (Şarkım Sevgi Üstüne)
Compilations featuring Seyyal Taner
- En İyileriyle Seyyal Taner 2 (Ossi Music, 1986)
- En İyileriyle Seyyal Taner (Ossi Music, 2005) 
- The Best of Seyyal Taner (Elenor, 2009)
|1968||Ölümsüz Adam||The first feature film|
|1968||Villa Rides||Guerrilla Girl|
|1972||Vur Gardaş Vur||Kemal's lover|
|1972||Suya Düşen Hayal Oyuncu||Seher, Nevin|
|1972||Hacı Murat'ın İntikamı|
|1972||Benimle Sevişir Misin||Sibel|
|1972||Batıda Kan Vardı / Batıda Ölüm Var|
|1973||Bu Toprağın Kızı|
|1973||Ömer Hayyam||Semra||Omar Khayyám's biography was discussed.|
|1973||Gönülden Yaralılar||Gönül Sunar|
|1973||Cengiz Han'ın Fedaisi||Chun-Li|
|1974||Gecelerin Ötesi / İster Darıl İster Sarıl||Leyla|
|1974||Beş Tavuk Bir Horoz||Okşan|
|1975||Şehvet Kurbanı Şevket||Nuran|
|1986-1988||Perihan Abla||Gülsüm Percons Meriç|
|2000-2006||Bizim Evin Halleri||Pür Neşe|
|2012||Canımın İçi||Seyyal Taner|
|2014||Güldür Güldür||Seyyal Taner||Guest player|
- Ayşe Arman (27 December 2013). "Taner: Bana 'kamerayla sevişen kadın' derlerdi". Hurriyet Newspaper (in Turkish). NTV. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Seyyal Taner". BirZamanlar.net. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Eurovision Song Contest 1987.
- "Seyyal Taner Geri Dönüyor?". Sabah (in Turkish). 7 March 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Ayşe Arman (10 March 2012). "Seyyal Taner 60 yaşında geri döndü". Hurriyet Newspaper (in Turkish). Hürriyet.
- Semra Kardeşoğlu (15 September 2002). "Gay'ler hangi şarkıcıları sever?". Milliyet. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Pop Müziğimizin En "Travesti" Kadınları". KAOS GL (in Turkish). 25 May 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Seyyal Taner diskografisi, BirZamanlar.net (Turkish)
- En Iyileriyle Seyyal Taner (2005), Music-bazaar.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seyyal Taner.|
- Seyyal Taner on Twitter
- Seyyal Taner on Facebook
- Seyyal Taner discography at Discogs
- Seyyal Taner at the Internet Movie Database
|Awards and achievements|
Klips ve Onlar
|Turkey in the Eurovision Song Contest