Sfax–Thyna International Airport
|Sfax–Thyna International Airport
Aéroport International de Sfax–Thyna
مطار صفاقس الدولي
|Operator||Tunisian Civil Aviation & Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||85 ft / 26 m|
Sfax–Thyna International Airport (French: Aéroport International de Sfax–Thyna, Tunisian Arabic: مطار صفاقس الدولي) (IATA: SFA, ICAO: DTTX) is an airport serving Sfax in Tunisia. The airport is located 6 kilometers southwest from Sfax.
World War II
- 12th Bombardment Group, 15 April – 2 June 1943, B-25 Mitchell
- 340th Bombardment Group, 15 April – 2 June 1943, B-25 Mitchell
The airport has undergone several extensions and improvements. The most important development and remodeling of the terminal took place in 1988 when the runway was extended. In 1989 a cargo terminal was added and in 1996 new facilities were built: warehouse, taxiways and the airport apron was reconstructed. Additionally the runway was improved and a new control tower was built.
With a capacity of 200,000 passengers per year, the current terminal covers 2,000 m2. A new terminal building covers 8000 m2, consisting of three buildings. Construction started on 8 November 2005, and it was inaugurated on 22 December 2007. With a total cost of six million dinars, it has a capacity of 500,000 passengers. A total budget of 25 million dinars was also devoted to the airport to give it a total facelift (control tower, runway and parking).
Airlines and destinations
|Afriqiyah Airways||Tripoli, Misrata,|
|Tunisair Express||Djerba, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Tunis|
- Airport information for DTTX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SFA at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Sfax–Thyna International Airport at Office de l'Aviation Civile et des Aeroports (OACA)
- "Contact Us." Syphax Airlines. Retrieved on 1 January 2013. "Headquarters Address: Sfax Thyna International Airport – 3018 Sfax – Tunisia" – in French: "Siège Social Adresse: Aéroport International Sfax Thyna – 3018 Sfax – Tunisie"
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.