Shéu in 2012
|Full name||Shéu Han|
|Date of birth||3 August 1953|
|Place of birth||Inhassoro, Mozambique|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Shéu, who has Chinese ancestry, was born in Inhassoro, Portuguese Mozambique. He arrived in Lisbon, Portugal, in 1970, joining S.L. Benfica's youth ranks. He made his first appearance with the main squad in 1972, but only became a regular three seasons later.
In addition, Shéu played in the 1983 UEFA Cup Final which Benfica lost to R.S.C. Anderlecht 1–2 on aggregate, scoring the leading goal in the return leg in Lisbon, and also helped his only club to the 1987–88 European Cup final, which ended in a penalty shootout loss to PSV Eindhoven. He retired with 349 league games, only surpassed in midfield by another club legend and countryman, Mário Coluna.
After ending his career Shéu became a manager, serving as assistant coach for Benfica and in other several directorial capacities for more than two decades.
Shéu was capped 24 times for the Portuguese national team, scoring one goal. His debut came in a 1–3 defeat to Italy in Turin on 7 April 1976, in a friendly match, and his last appearance was in Bern, a 1–1 draw with Switzerland on 29 October 1986 for the UEFA Euro 1988 qualifiers.
|1||23 September 1981||Estádio José Alvalade (1956), Lisbon, Portugal||Poland||2–0||2–0||Friendly|
- Primeira Divisão (9): 1972–73, 1974–75, 1975–76, 1976–77, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1986–87, 1988–89
- Taça de Portugal (6): 1979–80, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1984–85, 1985–86, 1986–87
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira (2): 1980, 1985
- Taça de Honra (6)
- European Cup: Runner-up 1987–88
- UEFA Cup: Runner-up 1982–83
- European Competitions 1982–83; at RSSSF
- Portugal – Record International Players; at RSSSF
- Italy – International Matches 1970–1979; at RSSSF
- Switzerland 1–1 Portugal; UEFA.com, 29 October 1986
- "Bicampeões para a história" [Back-to-back champions for the ages]. Visão (in Portuguese). Portugal: Impresa Publishing. May 2015. p. 54. ISSN 0872-3540.