|Current operator(s)||JR East|
|Line used||Tokaido Main Line|
|Rolling stock||185 series, 215 series, 251 series EMUs|
The Shōnan Liner (湘南ライナー? Shōnan Rainā) is a "Home Liner" service for commuters on the Tōkaidō Main Line operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East). This article also covers the Ohayō Liner Shinjuku (おはようライナー新宿? Ohayō-rainā Shinjuku) morning and Home Liner Odawara (ホームライナー小田原? Hōmurainā Odawara) evening services. All of these trains operate on weekdays only.
There are seven inbound and nine outbound Shōnan Liner services each weekday, taking 71 to 91 minutes between Tokyo and Odawara.
Ohayō Liner Shinjuku and Home Liner Odawara
The Ohayō Liner Shinjuku operates from Odawara Station to Shinjuku Station in the morning, and the Home Liner Odawara operates in the opposite direction in the evening. There are three inbound and two outbound services each weekday, taking 80 to 88 minutes between Shinjuku and Odawara. The Shinjuku-Odawara service competes with the Romancecar limited express services on the Odakyū Odawara Line, which take a similar amount of travel time.
- 185 series 7-, 10-, 12- or 15-car EMUs
- 215 series 10-car EMUs
- 251 series 10-car EMUs (Shinjuku services only)
- 183 series 9-car EMUs (until June 2002)
- 189 series 9-car EMUs (until June 2002)
- E351 series 12-car EMUs (from March 18, 1996 until March 14, 2008)
- E257 series 9-car EMUs (from July 1, 2002 until March 14, 2008)