The ancient city of Shabwa or Shabwah (Arabic: شبوة Shabwah) was the capital of Hadhramaut at the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula. The ruins of the city are located in the north of modern Shabwah Governorate of the Republic of Yemen.
Within the walls of the city are the remains of:
- the royal palace named Shugair
- the temple of goddess Sian Dhu Aleen
- Eggenberger, David; Myers, Bernard Samuel (1959). Encyclopedia of World Art, Volume 1 (revised ed.). McGraw-Hill. p. ccc.
- "Shabwa Governorate". Yemen Tourism Promotion Board. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Piepenburg, Fritz; Sharikah al-Yamanīyah lil-Siyāḥah (1983). Traveller's Guide to Yemen. Yemen Tourist Company. p. 78. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
|This article about a location in Yemen is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|