|Origin||Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States|
|Years active||1988–2003, 2012~present|
|Past members||Mark V.
The band formed in 1988, self-releasing an album that year; two EPs followed in 1992 and 1993. 1995's full-length, Save It, produced by Bill Stevenson and Stephen Egerton, resulted in some media exposure due to the success of their cover of Soft Cell's "Tainted Love". After another independent release in 1997, the band signed to Universal, who released Eyewitness in 1999 and Sonic Boom in 2001. In 1999, the single "Valentine" peaked at #31 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. Their song "Stranger By The Day" featured in the film American Pie and is on the soundtrack.
The band has since broken up, though various reunion shows have occurred over the past years with the most recent show being at The Court Tavern in New Brunswick, New Jersey on January 18th, 2014.
- Mark Vecchiarelli - guitar, vocals
- Kevin Lynch - bass, background vocals
- Ed Brown - drums
- Shades Apart (Wishingwell Records, 1988)
- Dude Danger EP (Sunspot Records, 1992)
- Neon (Skene! Records, 1993)
- Save It (Revelation, 1995)
- "Tainted Love" CD single (1995, Revelation 40 PR1)
- Seeing Things (Revelation, 1997)
- Eyewitness (Universal, 1999)
- Sonic Boom (Universal, 2001)
- In-Flight Program CD (1997, Revelation REV050)
- Track 05 - "Fearless"
- Music from the Motion Picture American Pie CD (1999, Uptown/Universal)
- Track 08 - "Stranger by the Day"
- Revelation 100: 15 Year Retrospective Of Rare Recordings CD/LP (2002, Revelation REV100)
- Track 07 - "Under The Sun"
- Violent World: A Tribute to The Misfits CD (1997, Caroline)
- Track 03 - "20 Eyes"
- The Blasting Room CD (2000, Owned & Operated Recordings – O&O 008-2)
- Track 03 - "Blame"
- Shades Apart on the Revelation Records website