A portrait of artist Shadi Petosky
September 18, 1974
Kalispell, Montana, U.S.
She was a programmer before meeting Zander Cannon and helping Cannon to co-publish The Replacement God. With both Cannon and Kevin Cannon, Petosky formed the comic art studio Big Time Attic in late 2004. They illustrated the graphic novel Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards for science writer Jim Ottaviani. They are currently working on a genetics graphic novel with writer Mark Schultz for Farrar, Straus and Giroux, and Top 10.
In January 2007, Petosky and Vincent "King Mini" Stall, along with the employees of Big Time Attic, formed a "convergence media" studio called Puny Entertainment. They have created video games for Cartoon Network and are creating animation for the television show Yo Gabba Gabba!.
Petosky and Stall opened the Pink Hobo - Geek Art Gallery in 2009 to showcase art work inspired by pop culture, digital media, and lowbrow art.
In September 2015, Petosky, who is transgender, was detained at the Orlando International Airport when a full-body scanner scanned her penis, which a Transportation Security Administration agent marked as an anomaly. When Petosky explained to the agent that she is transgender, and has an atrophied penis. The agent replied, in a way that Petosky felt was lacking in tact, that she would have to either choose whether she wished to have the scanner calibrated for male or female anatomy, or else undergo a physical examination by an agent whose gender she could choose. Shaken by the prospect of either scenario, she was detained and questioned for 40 minutes by the TSA agents, including explosives specialists, who gave her two full body pat downs and searched her luggage. Petosky asked if they had a protocol for dealing with transgender people, and the agents replied that they knew what they were doing. She was released after the TSA established that there was no danger, though she missed her flight, and spent an extra day in Miami.
Shadi Petosky created a Nickelodeon pilot called Ugly Mutt.
- QUEERY with Cameron Esposito (2017)
- LGBTQ&A w/ Jeffery Masters (2017)
- The JV Club (2014)
- The Dana Gould Hour (2014)
- The Bailey Jay Show (2013)
- Conversations with Matt Dwyer (2013)
- Go from There (2013)
- Nerdist (2013)
- Sugar and Spice (2013)
- This Feels Terrible (2013)
- Lady to Lady (2013)
- Del Toro, Jesús (September 22, 2015). "Transgénero humillada en el aeropuerto por una 'anomalía' en su cuerpo". Yahoo! News. (Spanish).
- Bendix, Trish (July 3, 2017). ""Danger And Eggs" Is The Queer Cartoon We've Been Waiting For". NewNowNext. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Lang, Nico (July 3, 2017). "'Danger & Eggs' is a milestone in queer representation—and it's hilarious". The Daily Dot. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Lederer, Donnie (July 24, 2017). "DANGER AND EGGS Creators and Stars Talk How It Delivers Important Issues to Kids". Nerdist. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- "QUEERY with Cameron Esposito #14:Shadi Petosky". QUEERY with Cameron Esposito.
- "The JV Club #132:Shadi Petosky". The JV Club.
- "You Can't Say That". The Dana Gould Hour.
- "Shadi Petosky Rules Bartertown". The Bailey Jay Show.
- "44 – Shadi Petosky, Co-Founder of Puny Studios". Feral Audio.
- "#124 Shadi Petosky". GoFromThere.
- "Nerdist Podcast: Shadi Petosky". Nerdist.
- "Get Shadi".
- "51 – Shadi Petosky". Feral Audio.
- "Lady to Lady - EP. 136 "Splay" ft. Shadi Petosky". Stitcher Radio. 2013. Retrieved 2016-11-30.