Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George P. Cosmatos|
|Produced by||Andrew G. Vajna
|Written by||Adi Hasak
with Sam Waterston
|Music by||Bruce Broughton|
|Cinematography||Buzz Feitshans IV|
|Edited by||Robert A. Ferretti|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
Shadow Conspiracy is a 1997 political thriller film starring Charlie Sheen, Donald Sutherland, Linda Hamilton and Sam Waterston. It was the final film directed by George P. Cosmatos, who died in 2005. The film was poorly received by critics and was released on DVD in the United States, in November 2003 by Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Principal photography took place in Richmond, Virginia.
Set in Washington D.C., this film documents an attempted power grab by White House Chief of Staff Jacob Conrad (Donald Sutherland). Bobby Bishop (Charlie Sheen) is a special aide to the President who finds out about a plot to assassinate the President from a former professor. Bobby's old professor is murdered shortly thereafter and Bobby is left to try to uncover the conspiracy on his own. He recruits his journalist friend Amanda Givens (Linda Hamilton) to help him uncover the mystery and stop the assassination.
- Charlie Sheen as Bobby Bishop
- Donald Sutherland as Jacob Conrad
- Linda Hamilton as Amanda Givens
- Stephen Lang as The Agent
- Ben Gazzara as Vice President Saxon
- Sam Waterston as The President
- Nicholas Turturro as Grasso
- Stanley Anderson as Atty. Gen. Toyanbee
- Theodore Bikel as Prof. Yuri Pochenko
- Paul Gleason as Blythe
- Terry O'Quinn as Frank Ridell
- Gore Vidal as Congressman Page
- Dey Young as Janet
The film received negative reviews from critics, with Rotten Tomatoes giving the film a 0% rating. Shadow Conspiracy did not fare well at the box office, grossing a little over $2 million domestically.
- "Shadow Conspiracy". Box Office Mojo.
- Myrna Oliver (April 27, 2005). "George P. Cosmatos, 64; Director Was Known for Saving Troubled Projects". Los Angeles Times.
- Almar Haflidason (November 2003). "Movies, DVD This Week: 10th November 2003". BBC.
- Jessica Wolf (January 11, 2003). "Complete list of 2003 Movie Showcase Releases". Home Media Magazine.
- Roger Ebert (January 31, 1997). "Shadow Conspiracy". Roger Ebert.
- Stephen Holden (January 31, 1997). "Shadow Conspiracy". The New York Times.
- "Shadow Conspiracy (1997)". Rotten Tomatoes.
- Shadow Conspiracy at the Internet Movie Database
- Shadow Conspiracy at Rotten Tomatoes
- Shadow Conspiracy at Box Office Mojo
- Shadow Conspiracy at MovieWeb