Shadow of the Cloak
|Shadow of the Cloak|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of episodes||36|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||June 6, 1951 – March 20, 1952|
Shadow of the Cloak was a spy drama live television series broadcast on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network. Helmut Dantine played secret agent Peter House. John Gay wrote some of the 36 episodes.
The first episode aired June 6, 1951, and the last episode March 20, 1952. The 30-minute show aired Wednesdays at 9:30pm ET through November 1951 and then Thursdays at 9pm ET from December until March 20, 1952. From January 1952 until the end of the run, Shadow of the Cloak alternated with Gruen Playhouse.
As with most DuMont series, no episodes are known to exist.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1951-52 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1