|Role||Trainer / Attack aircraft|
|Manufacturer||Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Industrial Company|
|Designer||Aviation University Complex|
Reports have indicated that Shafaq will be a subsonic aircraft but this might be improved, and it will have a skin of radar-absorbing material according to Iranian officials.
This two-seat Advanced training and Attack aircraft appears to be based on the Russian-Iranian "Project Integral" and are fitted with Russian ejection seats. Reportedly there are plans to produce three versions—one two-seat trainer/light strike version and two one-seat fighter-bomber versions.
The Shafaq is designed by the Aviation University Complex (AUC), part of the Malek-Ashtar University of Technology (MUT). At the start of the program Iran received help from Russia and the aircraft was known as Integral. Russia later backed away from this project due to several reasons and Iran carried on the project by itself and the aircraft became known as Shafaq. The Shafaq is a sub-sonic aircraft, made of radar-absorbing material. It has a large leading edge root extension (LERX) and a root aft of the wing which gives it an unusual circular sub-section.
A 1/7 scale model of the Shafaq has already completed testing in the AUC's wind tunnel and pictures have already been revealed which show that a full-scale model has already been built. The Shafaq will be built in different configurations including a two-seater trainer, a two-seater Light Attack and a one-seater Light Attack variants. Roll-out of the first prototype was scheduled for 2008. The Shafaq's advanced cockpit features color MFDs and a Russian-made K-36D ejection seat.
Data from 
- Crew: one or two (Pilot and Radar Intercept Officer)
- Length: 10.84 m ()
- Wingspan: 10.45 m ()
- Height: 4.26 m ()
- Empty weight: 4361 kg ()
- Max. takeoff weight: 6900 kg ()
- Powerplant: 1 × Klimov RD-33 turbofan, 11,230 lbf (50.0 kN)(5,098 kgf)
- Sattar, Shahbaz, Fatter missiles
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
- "Shafaq". globalsecurity.
- . ainonline http://www.ainonline.com/airshow-convention-news/dubai-air-show/single-publication-story/browse/0/article/iran-struggles-to-field-a-fighter/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews%5Bmode%5D=1. Missing or empty
- Larkins Dsouza (September 22, 2007). "Shafaq- Iranian Stealth Plane". defenceaviation.
Cite error: Invalid
<ref> tag; name "iranstealth" defined multiple times with different content
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shafagh.|
- GlobalSecurity.org: Shafaq (Before Dawn)
- ainonline.com: Iran struggles to field a fighter
- aeronautics.ru: aka "Vityaz-2000": a Russian based JSF[dead link]