|Native name||شفقت چیمہ|
|Born||20 November 1961|
|Years active||1974 – present|
Shafqat Cheema is a Pakistani actor and director. With his career of more than four decades, he is known for playing villainary roles and is dubbed as "Pakistan’s favourite villain". He acted in highest grossed Pakistani Punjabi movie Choorian which was released in October 1998 and earned more than Rs.200 million. He is also best known for his role of an antagonist in the 2011 film Bol. He has acted in leading and supporting roles in various other dramas serials and films.
Early and personal life
Shafqat graduated from the Jamia Naeemia religious school in 1974. He is the Son of an Aalim, and is a Hafiz and Qari of the Quran.
Shafqat claims that his acting career began, when he stumbled into acting by coincidence when he walked into the Shahnoor Studios. He then decided that he wanted to become an Actor. He struggled for almost 12 years before he was offered a lead role in the film Kalka (1989), which also starred Sultan Rahi.
|1992||Munda Bigra Jae|
|2011||Bhai Log||Israr David|
|2011||Bol (film)||Saqa Kanjar (Panderer)|
|2011||Son of Pakistan|
|2013||Main Hoon Shahid Afridi||Bashir Bhatti|
|2014||The System||Corrupt SHO|
|2016||Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai||Released|
|2016||Saya e Khuda e Zuljalal||Post-Production|
|TBA||Jab Tak Hain Hum||Post Production|
|TBA||Geo Sar Utha Kay||Ghulam Rasool/Chottu||Post Production|
|TBA||Ek Nai Shakira||Pracha Don||Filming|
- Landa Bazar (TV series) (2002) PTV Home
- Khuda Aur Muhabbat (2011) Geo TV
- Ashk (TV series) (2012) Hum TV
- Heer Ranjha (TV series) (2013) PTV Home
- Khan, Sher (29 August 2012). "Shafqat Cheema: Pakistan's favourite villain". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Shafqat Cheema: Pakistan’s favourite villain – The Express Tribune. Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved on 2015-10-21.
- "Revealed: Sajal Aly and Feroze Khan's debut film will be called Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai". DAWN.com. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
|This article about a Pakistani actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|