Josh Agle (born August 31, 1962) is an American artist, better known by the nickname Shag.
Agle's nickname is derived from the last two letters of his first name, and the first two letters of his last name. He had his first solo gallery exhibition in 1997, and his first New York gallery show in 2002.
On December 31, 2010, the Shagmart Newsletter announced that Shag had suffered a near-fatal accident, and although he would recover, he would be taking it easy for the next year.
- Supersonic Swingers, 2000 (Outre Gallery Press)
- Bottomless Cocktail, 2000 (La Luz de Jesus Press)
- Shag Party, 2001 (Surrey Books)
- Around the World in 80 Drinks, 2003 (Surrey Books)
- Shag's Zodiac, 2004 (Surrey Books)
- Shag: The Art of Josh Agle, 2005 (Chronicle Books)
- Shag Ltd: Fine Art Limited Editions, 2005 (Copro/Nason)
- Shag A to Z: A Children's Book Unsuitable for Children, 2008 (Blab/Fantagraphics)
- Autumn's Come Undone, 2009 (Baby Tattoo Books)
Museum exhibitions and collections
- 2010 - Art Shack, Laguna Art Museum, Laguna Beach, CA
- 2009 - Urban Superstars, Naples Museum of Modern Art, Naples, Italy
- 2008 - Beyond Baby Tattooville, Riverside Art Museum, Riverside, CA
- 2008 - In The Land of Retinal Delights, Laguna Art Museum, Laguna Beach, CA
- 2007 - The Flesh Is Willing: New Work by Shag, Laguna Art Museum, Laguna Beach, CA
- 2007 - Rome Is Burning, Haas Fine Arts Center, Eau Claire, WI
- 2005 - Pop Surrealism, Sangre De Christo Art Center, Pueblo, CO
- 2005 - Paradirama, Musee International des Arts Modestes, Sete, France
- 2002 - The Sophisticated Misfit: Fifteen Years of Shag, Brea Museum, Brea, CA
- 2000 - Lowbrow Art: Up From The Underground, Hollywood Art and Culture Center, Hollywood, FL