No reliable estimates of the Shahab-6's capability exist. According to Israeli intelligence, both the Shahab-5 and Shahab-6 would have a range of 8,500-10,000 kilometers. The Washington Times reported Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu as describing the Shahab-6 as having the capability to reach the US Eastern Seaboard.
Shahab is the name of a class of Iranian missiles, service time of 1988–present, of which three variants are confirmed: Shahab-1, Shahab-2, Shahab-3, while the Shahab-4, Shahab-5, Shahab-6 (Toqyān) were alleged to exist by Western and Israeli sources in the early 1990s but these allegations were not proven.
- Cordesman, Kleiber, p. 151
- Cordesman, Al-Rodhan, p. 401
- "Shahab-6, IRSL-X-4". Federation of American Scientists. October 20, 2016.
- Cordesman, Anthony H.; Kleiber, Martin (2007). Iran's Military Forces and Warfighting Capabilities: The Threat in the Northern Gulf. Greenwood. ISBN 978-0-313-34612-5.
- Cordesman, Anthony H.; Al-Rodhan, Khalid R. (2007). Gulf Military Forces in an Era of Asymmetric Wars. Greenwood. ISBN 978-0-275-99250-7.