University of Shahed
Motto in English
|University of Merits|
Shahed University (Persian:دانشگاه شاهد), was founded in 1990. The university started its activities by accepting 165 students in seven branches in 1991. It now has 8000 students in 68 branches, eight colleges and seven research institutions.
Shahed University is located in the capital city of Tehran. The main campus is located in the southern part of Tehran along the Persian gulf Freeway.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Colleges
- 3 College of Agricultural Sciences
- 4 College of Engineering
- 5 Engineering Researches and Technology Center
- 6 College of Medicine
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The campus hosts headquarters offices, girls dormitories, a central library and faculties of humanities, engineering, sciences and agriculture. Its medical colleges and training hospitals, the Art college, the Nursing and Midwifery Faculty, the Dental college and research centers are distributed in the Central Tehran.
Shahed University offers three dormitories, and is equipped with a pool, a football field, and a volleyball and basketball hall. Each faculty offers its own library, plus a Central library near the Humanities and Management College. Students can enjoy their free time at the cafeteria near the Engineering college, separated for males and females ease of use. A Mahdie (Prayer Center) is available to both genders and is open at all times.
Mostafa Khomeini Hospital(in the city center) is under Shahed university supervision(Faculty of medicine).
Shahed university consists of eight colleges; each offering majors for the students:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Engineering
- College of Fundamental Sciences
- College of Human Sciences
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Art
- College of Nursing and Midwifery
The College of Agriculture Science at Shahed University ranks in the top best three colleges of agriculture in Iran. A field is dedicated to the students to experiment on, each student gets a piece of land to work on and is graded both in theoretical and practical aspects.
- Majors offered for Bachelor students (BSc):Soil Science - Horticultural Science - Agronomy and Plant Science - Medical Plant Science.
- Majors offered for Master students (MSc):Pedology - Soil chemical Science -Soil Physics Science - Entomology - Plant Disease Science.
Every year research papers including ISI journals are published by talented students and professors. Many graduates of this college have opportunities to continue their education in high level universities in developed countries.
- Biomedical Engineering (up to PHD),
- Electrical Engineering (four Majors : Electronic, Communications and Power (all up to PhD) and Control (up to Msc),
- Civil Engineering (Bsc and Geotechnical Engineering (MSc) and Structure Engineering (MSc)),
- Industrial Engineering (MSc and PhD),
- Computer Engineering and Information Technology (MSc),
Engineering English journals published by Shahed University
- International Panacea Journal of Engineering and Technology
- Journal of Basic & Clinical Psychopathology
- Journal of Communication Engineering
- Journal of Electric Power & Energy Conversion Systems
- Journal of Quality Engineering and Production Optimization
Engineering Persian Journals published by Shahed University
Scope: Medicinal Sciences
Scope: Clinical Psychology & Personality
Scope: Commercial Strategies
Scope: Islam Related Studies
Scope: Educational Progress Rating
Accepts papers in English as well
Scope: Journal of Ethics & Culture in Nursing and Midwifery
Scope: Journal of Agronomy Sciences
Scope: Training and Learning Researches
Accepts papers in English as well
Scope: Resistance Literature
College of Engineering Events
Engineering Researches and Technology Center
Shahed university has a center for engineering researches and technology located in Enghelab square in Tehran. It includes groups such as biomedical group, communication group and mechanical group.
Shahed University College of Medicine is at Karegare Shomali Nosrat Avenue no 115 in Tehran. The medical centers, educational and medical Mostafa Khomeini is a hospital in central Tehran. Mostafa Khomeini hospital has 220 beds and is located in the Medical School of Shahed University.
- English website
- Official website
- "Iran (Islamic Republic of) | Ranking Web of Universities". www.webometrics.info. Retrieved 2016-09-04.