Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology
|Chancellor||Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuho|
|President||Shahnaz Wazir Ali |
|Vice-president||Prof. Dr. Altaf Mukati (Academics), Ms. Nasreen Haque (Administration and Finance)|
|Colours||Cobalt, white, black|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pakistan Engineering Council, University of London International Programmes, Association of Commonwealth Universities, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Larkana|
The Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST) is a private institute with multiple campuses in the residential and commercial areas of Pakistan and United Arab Emirates. Its main campus is located in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
Begun in 1995 under the vision of its founder Pakistani Ex-Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto and led by Dr. Javaid Laghari as its first president and project director, SZABIST is honored and named in remembrance of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. Financial endowment and research funding are coordinated by the leadership of the Pakistan Peoples Party. The university offers undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities of the United Kingdom and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, as well as other international education associations. SZABIST is regarded as one of the more notable private research institutions of higher learning in Pakistan and ranked among the nation's top-ten institutions by the Higher Education Commission, as of 2013.
In addition, its business management program is listed as top ranking by the publication Business Week and is ranked among other noticeable science institutions by CNN & Time and Asiaweek. SZABIST is identified as a major centre of higher learning in Pakistan and is one of the largest private universities in the country by area, according to the HEC.
SZABIST is the only Pakistani institute to have been recognized internationally:
- BusinessWeek, the leading international business magazine, listed SZABIST among the best business schools internationally for six years (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008).
- Asia Inc. ranked SZABIST among the top MBA Schools of South Asia in its "Asia's Best MBA Schools Survey" for two consecutive years (2003, 2004).
- SZABIST was ranked among the best Science and Technology and MBA schools in Asia by the CNN-Time publication, Asiaweek.
- SZABIST was featured in the CNN Executive Education Schools, 2009.
The school offers programs in management sciences, computer sciences, media sciences, law, economics, engineering, public health, biosciences and social sciences. Some of the programs are external and offered in collaboration with universities in the UK. The following is a list of offered degrees:
- Management Sciences: Bachelor of business administration (BBA), BS in Accounting & Finance (BS A&F), BS in Entrepreneurship (BS Ent.), Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Project Management (MPM), MS in Project Management (MSPM), Master of Science ((MS) in Management Sciences and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Management Sciences.
- Computer science: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Computer Sciences.
- Mechatronics Engineering: Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechatronics Engineering
- Social Sciences: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Social Sciences and Economics, Master of Science (MS) in Social Sciences and Economics and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Social Sciences and Economics.
- Media Sciences: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Media Sciences with majors in Production and Advertising.
- Biosciences: Bechalor of science (BS) in Biosciences and BS in Biotechnology, Masters of Science (MS) in Biosciences and Doctor of Philosopy (PhD) in Biosciences.
- Public Health: Master of Public Health (MPH) and Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH).
- External programs: Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology offers external programs in Law (LLB) and Economics and Development (BSc) in collaboration with the University of London.
- Intermediate program: SZABIST offers Intermediate at SZABIST Intermediate campus Larkana in affiliation with Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Larkana (BISE Larkana).
SZABIST ranked amongst the top three universities for 2014 in Business and Information Technology by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
SZABIST has signed articulation agreements with the University of South Wales and the University of Northampton, UK. SZABIST has signed MoUs with the State University of New York, USA; University of London, UK; Philippine Women's University, Philippines and the Asian Academy of Film & Television, India.
ZMF (Media Festival)
The ZAB Media Festival is an annual event organized by the Department of Media Sciences.
- "Acting President's Message". SZABIST - Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "HEC's releases list of recognized degree awarding institutions". dailypakistan.com.pk.
- "HEC Recognised Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions". hec.gov.pk.
- "Introduction". SZABIST -Shaheed Zulfiar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- University press. "Campuses of the SZABIST". University press. Archived from the original on 26 April 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Location and address of main campus of SZABIST". google maps. google maps. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "The Founder". The Founder. Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Board of Trustees". Board of Trustees. Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "ACU Members". ACU Members. ACU Members. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "AACSB listing members". AACSB listing members. AACSB listing members. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Govt. Pakistan. "HEC Rankings". Govt. Pakistan. Higher Education Commission. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "INTRO". INTRO. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- – Ranking of Higher Education Commission (HEC) Recognized Universities in Pakistan Archived 2013-06-27 at the Wayback Machine